Castor Bean
Celosia 'Flamingo Feather'
Chaste Berry Tree (vitex)
Christmas Senna
Clematis 'Lavender Charm'
Clematis 'My Angel'
Cleome (Mixed colors)
Coneflower (Purple)
Datura (I have a mix of Triple yellow, Double purple, and Gordons Picotee)
Dianthus
Globe Amaranth
Hyacinth Bean Vine
Japanese Wisteria.......... Gone
Liatris (Purple)
Liatris (Purple/ White mix)
Mexican Petunia
Mexican Sunflower
Monkey Grass ..................Gone
Moonvine (Lavender)
Morning Glory, Japanese (Mix)
Nicotiana
Obedient Plant...................Gone
Oleander (Pink)..................Gone
Olenader (Red)
Poppies (Mixed)
Rudbeckia (several varieties)
Salvia 'Blue Bedder'
Sunshine Tree
Texas Mountain Laurel
Texas Redbud Tree..............Gone
Trumpet Vine (Orange)
Wisteria (Unknown)
Zinnia (mixed)

If you are interested please D-mail me with a list of what you would like and what you have to trade. Some I will only have a few trades and some I will have tons!

This message was edited Nov 6, 2009 10:35 AM

This message was edited Nov 6, 2009 10:36 AM

Flippin, AR(Zone 7a)

I'm a newbie I have green bean seeds, bachelor buttons I see you already have those on your trade list. I would really a few buckeye tree seeds, can send for postage. My mom and I have always wanted a buckeye tree.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I am d-mailing you

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I am adding Zinnias to my list for trade. They are mixture of California Giant, 'Cut & Come Again' and Lilliput varieties. I am sorry they are mixed... they were mixed in my beds. There will be a few 'Envy' in there but as they are mixed I don't know how many you might get of any one variety.

I still have lots of everything!

This message was edited Oct 8, 2009 10:38 PM

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

yardqueen i just have to drive to emory to see your garden. do you ever go to rockwall/dallas area? do you have any beautyberry plants?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Mama! You don't remember me! I have already been to your house! Some of my plants are your plants! I visited with you last year about Thanksgiving time ane you gave me some plants you did not want to winter over. Also some cuttings and seeds. I am Carol, and yes I do still go to Rockwall. I have thought about stopping by, but I am usually on a mission with limited time and don't stop.

Please do come out here, I will d-mail directions when you are ready. It will take you probably less than an hour. I am about 30-35 min. from Greenville. And yes, I do have beauty berry, and I have other things to share as well.

Carol

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

lol. you know when i sent that off i was thinking that that was your name. i am awful with names on dg. half the time i don't even look at who i'm talking to. i just talk away. well on the beautyberry can i have like a dozen? are you out in or near the woods?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I only have 2 larg bushes of it. I am not in the woods, but live in the country and there are woods around but not our property. I have not seen any plants around except the 2 in our beds. They have the berries now. I do not know when the best time to take cuttings is, but I plant to cut them back and I can give you all you want, but I don't know when is the best time to take them for rooting. I can try to research that.

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

yardqueen,,,, might I suggest that you wait till next spring and take the extras that spring up instead of cuttings.

Janet

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

janet, yardqueen and i are both just discussing that. we both have at least one plant but neither of us has ever gotten seedlings from random seeds that drop. in miss. they are all over the woods. now why is that?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Barb,

Maybe we need to run over to Miss. and get some seedlings!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Just had a thought! Oh my... Uh, do you think they are a different variety? or maybe it is the soil there?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Up here, we are just 20 miles south of Cleveland, all of the garden club members who have these wait till mid summer and dig up those that pop up beside the mother shrub and then bring them to the members who don't yet have this shrub..... I love them.... I purchased one last year (end of season sell out) cause I was too impatient to wait till the following year and when it came back this season it doesn't look at all like the shrub that I purchased, so hence waiting it out all summer to end up not be happy (once again losing the chance to get a sprout from a member) cause I don't know what shrub it is now.... The other day I stopped in at a really cool nursery and found a nice one for a really good price so guess what I purchased it....LOL

Here is what came up

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Here is the shrub that I purchased and you can see they aren't anything alike....

sorry for the messy back ground as the new shrub is in my potting up, watering station area.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Yardqueen.....

How do you harvest the seeds from Liatris (Purple) I have a ton of these and I'm letting the stalks finish drying out and then what??? just pluck them off of it???

thanks for any help you are willing to share.

Janet

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i don't think it's variety. the soil is sandy is miss. but seemed to me that some of these beautyberry were growing from runners. does anybody know about that?

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Here in NE Ga. the birds eat the coating off the seed, and you have one comming up next year.I kinda like them, but you have indescrete planting that way. Mike

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Carol, I'd like to trade you for Buckeye Tree, Japanese Wisteria, Sunshine Tree, Texas Mountain Laurel.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

The buckeye seeds are gone now.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Sending you a dmail.

Taberg, NY

sent you d-mail

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

YardQueen,

Saw Beautyberry for the very first time a few weeks ago. It was growing
in a public garden so I scoffed some of the purple berries off one of the
back branches.

Read in the plant file that you take the coating off to dry the seeds out.
So I'll let you know if they actually grow easily from seed.
Supposed to ward off mosquitos so a good plant to have.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Beautyberry to ward off mosquitos..... Oh I think I'm liking this info...LOL

Janet

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I had not heard that! I hope it is true... one of mine is near the waterfall/ pond.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Allwild I have found that the berries and the leaves, when crushed in your hands, you can rub it on yourself as a fairly good mosquito deterent!! It dates back at least some 200 years as a mosquito repellent and branches of the plant were once used by farmers to keep mosquitoes and horse flies off the horse and cattle. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2657/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.