Morning Glory Newbies Seed Give Away(First 5 responders)

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Hello Newbies signed up on daves for one year or less! I`m giving away "newbie starter packages" of 12 basics including 1 dwarf hanging basket type, 3 kikyos,2small and 3 large flower types and 3 kinds of ipomoea purpureas. They are open pollinated but most will be very nice flowers.

The first 5 newbies signed up for a year or less responders will get a starter package. Post a response and Dmail me with your address and I`ll get that out to you. You can grow,enjoy and or use these for swapping if you want.

TIA in advance for participating!

Karen

Edited: make that signed up for 2 years or less.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2009 11:28 AM

Thumbnail by gardener2005
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Karen,

I would love to receive some of your MG seeds! I'm brand new to flower gardening - always a veggie gardener - and love MGs!

Sending you a d-mail!

Thanks - Kelly

Yay! You will love these. Checking the Dmail right now.

4 more to go...

Karen

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Hello!

I've been signed up for more than a year, but I just started my garden 6 months ago. Does that count? :) I grew my first MGs this year and I'm in love with them, and I'm trying to build a collection for next year.

I do have a few things to trade if you want to take a peek at my "have" list. :)

Thanks!

-Pony

Sure! Send Dmail. 3 more to go... :)

2 more to go...

, WI

Oh man That is a great deal.... Boo hoo newbie to posting hahahhaha

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Tee hee, can I quit and re-subscribe? (just kidding!) Can I ask a question tho? What variety is a dwarf hanging basket type? I'm not familiar with those, but I think I'd like to be! Could you please post a link to an example of that type?

Ha that`s funny. :) Sure, that dwarf hanging basket variety is called Sunsmile. The ones I`m sending are mostly chocolate but they have some that showed up pink.

Here they are in plant files. These grow down trailing out of the hanging baskets and are some of my favorites. Some of mine trailed to the ground and I had to trim them. The foliage is nice and the flowers are small but they are really cute. Karen

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49887/

, WI

Oh My friend from another forum sent me those. I think I still have them. Thanks for helping newbies! Very important... Just wanted to tell you.. You have friends on the web! Never feel alone okay? Hugs from a fellow WI gardener....

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

karen i am in love with kikyo ice the others tickle my fancy too but those are pretty. newbies will love them

Thanks WALLACEONE and Imzadi.

I think I may have said I`d like to send 12 before but really all I can do right now is 5. I`m doing my best.

Karen

2 more to go..

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1044243/

Okay, one left. Drum roll please!

Karen

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I would love more MG

You got it DIRTYGIRL. I just need your mailing address.

The thread is closed. Thanks everybody. :)

Kelly,

I just realized you are from Arizona. I can`t mail these to you because it is illegal and I could get in trouble since it is illegal to send them there. I`m sorry. :(

I can`t send morning glory seeds but I`ll send you something else nice from my seedbox instead.

Karen

, WI

Very responsible Karen! Keep sharing with them newbies... It is so fun to see how they bloom differnetly across the states. My white hige feather I grew has purple streaks in it this year...hahahah Dont ya love cross pollination sometimes.... The frost just hit it too...So much for seeds from it, it was neat to see..... Barb

Hi Barb,

I love all of them! Thanks! Karen

, WI

Hi back at ya Karen! It was a bad year here for them... Always next year... Cracking up that is what keeps us going right? hahahhahaha

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Karen!

No worries! I don't want you to get into any trouble, especially since you're so generous to share your seeds with newbies! I will very much appreciate whatever you send me!

Kelly

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Illegal? WOW...

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

How did you find out that they were illegal in AZ? Is there a list somewhere?

http://www.azda.gov/PSD/quarantine5.htm

It is prohibited to Send them into the state from somewhere else. They are also controlled within the state. There are a few exceptions but nils and purpureas are not exceptions on the list. It is a bummer but that is how it is. Karen

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Kind of hard to imagine nils as a noxious weed, huh?

True indeed. :)

It is in the mail with Delivery Confirmation on October 9 2009 everybody. :)

, WI

Hugs to you Karen for taking such good care of the newbies...:) You deserve a kudos!!!!

Thank you. :)

, WI

You are welcome! :)

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

gardener2005
is there anyway i could trade with you for some of these seeds? plmk and thxs

Hi moretz,

I`m cleaned out of trade seeds and taking a break. Thanks for the offer. Be sure to participate in Becky`s seed trade and also there is a give away for SASE going to be on the seed trade forum before too long.

Karen

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ok great thxs so much

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

In response to the first message:
What on earth is a 'Hanging Basket' Type MG??? Is there any vars. on the PFs?

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Ha, ha should have read the whole thread. I asked the same question; they're an I. nil called Sunsmile. Here's the link again:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49887/

The Sunsmile and Kawaii (are both in plant files) do excellent in a hanging basket. There is another trailing type that has a larger flower offered by tasteclectic on ebay that did very well in a hanging basket though I don`t have seeds from that one. They trail downward and don`t climb. Karen

Edited: Here is alink to another example in addition to Sunsmile,Kawaii and the Trailing one offered on ebay.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/170663/

I don`t remember the exact name of the trailing one offered on ebay. Colin showed pictures in a thread he did of that one recently.

You Can grow these and let them crawl on the ground but I think they are healthier and prettier if allowed to trail from a shelf planter or hanging basket.

Karen

This message was edited Oct 26, 2009 11:58 AM

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

OK. Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.