Disney World question

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Has anyone out there gone to Disney World in Orlando and stayed at one of the resorts and used the meal plan????
If you get the 3 meals a day I wanted to know if you have to order off a certain menu or is there a certain $ limit?

I want to know if the meal plan is worth it.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

We did the meal plan two years ago. Was well worth it. It was not for all three meals. It was for one 'fast food' meal, one sit-down meal and one snack, which can be a drink or ice cream, etc. No limitations on the menu, except that a few of the really high-end restaurants like Victoria & Albert's, were not included. If I remember correctly, a character meal counted as two sit-downs. We did the breakfast with the princesses one. We found it to work great for us.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2009 7:51 AM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My DD took her girls 2 years ago also Victor! They stayed in the resort, did the meal plan and had diner with the princess too. I think my Son-in-law loved it as much as the girls did, maybe more. :)

This message was edited Oct 2, 2009 9:54 AM

Hee hee - who do think made our reservations?!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I should of known....which one? Jasmine??

Yes! Snow White and Belle were cute too.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks.
Too funny.

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi. We went this past March and had the meal plan. For the main meal (which you can do at any time of day) is usually from a set menu. However, there are buffets at certain restaurants. We did a character meal Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Hotel and it was only 1 main meal credit per person. We got to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.
I thought it was a great way to go and the servings are really generous.
Have a great time!
Lora B.

PS. If you have more questions, feel free to dmail.

Here's a good synopsis.

http://www.mousemisers.com/2008/2009-disney-world-dining-plans/

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Victor...finally a list of the restaurants and specifics.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sigh... I remember our trip to WDW (when it's so dreary outside, fl seems like another world for sure).

Snow White.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hubba-hubba.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Trip is all booked for April 2010.

Cool! Have fun. Easter break? We're going to DC that week. Be prepared for crowds!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I know, I was counting on the fact that not a lot of public schools do a full week off that week anymore.

Our schools are off the week before Easter this coming year. Plus the Monday after.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My son's school is out Thursday, Good Friday and the week after.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.