Knitted Mobius Wrap

My co-worker and I started talking about Cat Bordhi and the mobius wrap. I remember years ago reading about this and since it is math based I decided I couldn't do it. Of course now Cat Bordhi had her unusual cast on for the mobius wrap on youtube. So it is much easier to learn. My co-worker was fascinated and went home and started her wrap. Since she did it - I tried it and I think I've got it. The cast on is done starting at the center of a circular needle. The cast on and first row are rather hard but then it's pretty easy.

The mobius is a joined strip that has a twist in it. You can knit or crochet or even weave a rectange. Then twist one end and stitch up the seam. This mobius is done without a seam. So you when you join your round you put a marker on the needle. As you knit the marker shows up on the cable and then it shows up on the needle.

Take a strip of paper (I cut off the long edge of a piece of copy paper) and write something on the bottom edge until you get to the other side. bring the two sides together, twist one and tape it together. Now follow that writing and you will find that there is more room to write.

I am in the process of knitting my first mobius wrap. You can wrap it around your shoulder and the twist can be anywhere - it helps hold it on. You can just drape it around your neck and you can wrap it around like a cowl. YOu can also bring it over your head like a hood.

If you change color once it will show as a strip at each edge.

This my first WIP.

Thumbnail by elsie
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!