Dressing up the dresser

Beaumont, TX

Do any of yall remember the ottoman I did a couple years ago? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/795468/

I thought I had enough belts to do my wild hair project but on the last two drawers I had used all I'd either collected since the ottoman or had left from the project.
I had to do what I am notorious for; robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'll replace them as I find them so the ottoman will be re-re-done. It was a much easier project than this one. Each drawer took me about an hour, planning and worrying figured in there too.

This dresser I hated because altho well built was not real wood but a horrid pickled pink color MDF made to look like wood. The drawers were wobbly and hung sideways or fell out when I opened them. I'd recently put fancy ball bearing slides in it making it so much better and was willing to tolerate it until something better came along at Goodwill. Now I doubt I will ever part with it. :)

The top took one box of aromatic Cedar Safe tongue and groove from Home Depot for 23.50. I beveled the front and side edges. No finish on it yet and it's just there fitted and not tacked/glued down yet. It won't be so pinkish once it acclimates. I probably will put tongue oil on it to seal it then it will match the armoire beside it.

About 20 bucks worth of belts. Already had the black paint.

I can't stop looking at it! Since it's in my new closet, I've gone to all this trouble and I'm likely the only person who'll probably ever see it !

Having trouble getting a good pic because if the size of the room. Can't get directly in front of it and see it all in the camera. I might show a couple more pics of sections.

Thumbnail by maidentheshade
This thread has 73 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!