Hows your trailer coming along?

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi everyone,how's your plants growing? Mine has put out new leaves and has two small sucker forming.

Thumbnail by jannich
Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Jannich, what size pots do you have yours in? Mine still have a long way to go to look like yours.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Smiling...........I forgot all about it............haven't started but have a standard...............
Don't put it in any pot, Melanie that is too big. You might have a mini or semi mini trailer..............this is at least a year or year and half project anyway...........

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Mine are so teeny tiny. LOL!! They are in 1 oz. cups. No signs of suckering just yet. I'm lucky to still have them. Jessica, my daughter liked to have washed them away...if you know what I mean. LOL!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Melanie...........that is too funny........as mine that were in one ounce when I sent them to you are now in 2" pots? Maybe you ought to find another plant (LOL)

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning!

Hi meag848,Nice to see you posting.I hope your feeling better? My trailer is in the 2 1/2 pot and it's a semi-mini trailer.The picture makes the plant look large cause I used he maco setting.LOL. Is your plant big enough to take all but 4 leaves off.I think the purpose of putting it in the larger pot is for the roots to fill the pot before getting suckers or buds.You can read the article again here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021752/

Is anyone sticking with this project? Cause I won't post anymore about it till....I have a big blooming trailer that will make you all drool over it..LOL. ^_^

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Jannich, I'm sticking with it!!! Just mine don't look as good as yours.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Mine has grown a few leaves but no suckers yet. Oh, Jan...please post your blooming trailer so we can drool :)

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

here is a picture of mine, i can't believe it's going to bloom, this is chantaspring.
mrsbonnie

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

ops forgot the picture, lol

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Chantaspring is hard to grow......those leaves look wonderful, Bonnie!

Jan, don't give up on the lazy ones on this forum (smiling) We will play catch up with you guys!

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

thanks Gail. I took cuttings from the mother plant.
mrsbonnie

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Great,I'm glad you gals are sticking with the project! It's going to take time for the plants to look good.

Miss Gail,get with the picture ^_^

Your plant looks great Bonnie.BUT YOU CAN'T LET IT BLOOM.LOL.When you see color on the buds your supposed to take the buds off.
Heres the page of the article.

Thumbnail by jannich
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you teacher...........I have to go right this minute and cut off all the buds.....she hasn't bloomed yet..........just in the nick of time............

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

yes mam, will do. lol
mrsbonnie

I'm trying, Jan, but mine's not growing anywhere near as good as yours! Poor little thing! It's trying, and I'm trying, but we're just not there yet. I'm kinda embarrassed to post a picture of it. LOL I'm going to stick with it, though, and just as soon as it's presentable, I'll post a picture! ^_^

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Amy, you and I both! I want to cover their little heads and hide!!

Medford, NJ

mine looks good, no suckers yet, I will get some batteries for the camera this week. been really busy with school

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi, all! Didn't mean to disappear into the blue, but life happens sometimes... good, bad, always... Now I'm back and please count me in.

Anyway, my Japanese project started on Sept 12th (was easy to remember for me, as it was a birthday here). My baby AV doesn't look as grown as Jan's, doesn't show any suckers yet, but I can honestly see that it grew some. I have new leaves, I think 2 of them.
The second pic is taken on the 27th, as I decided to monitor my plant (with pics, if I'm able to keep up like this) every 15 days (half-month).

Hubby just purchased some lighting for me, and now I'll have better light. Maybe it will make a difference?

I also have a new baby trailer plant, and I might start a second plant on October 13th (another celebration, easy to remember for my family). With too many things on my mind, I have to have some time-lines...
If I do, I'll keep milestones (start, half month, month, etc...) for both. Do you think it's too often? (well, I look at my plants and talk to them every day...) The second one is a miniature trailer with the leaves the size of a pinkie nail, on which size pot should I start it? 1oz?

Jan, what did you feed yours??? Please keep posting, some of us (I mean me... ha, ha) need guidance.

Sorry, again, for not posting until now... I am in, and hope to stick to the project until I have a huge mound of blooms!
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

How organized you are........loving the dates as she grows........

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

OK> I had 3 Champagne Pink trailers that I put in one pot........I took all the foliage off like you said but wasn't going to use this for the project. I even pinned the stems down to the soil. Now it is starting to sucker, so I am going to separate each one in its' own pot today and use one.

Thumbnail by gessiegail

Alexandra, you're doing great! I love how you're taking pictures on a schedule. You'll be able to identify growth spurts that way, too. Super idea!

Gail, those are the cutest little plants! I love them!

I think I may have to start over. I think I pulled too many leaves off mine. I got it down to 6, but it's really not wanting to bounce back. Maybe I'll try again and not strip it so much...

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi folks! Looking forward to watching the progress of your plants.

Duh! How stupid of me.My plant looks bigger than yours cause it's been potted down almost a month before you guys started this project.My plant was started on the 31th of july when I started this thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021752/

I did start another one when you all did, but it died.I had forgotten,sorry about that.

Alexandra,Nice to see you popping in.Your doing great girl! Please keep us posted how your plant is doing when you can.

Great picture Gail! I see the sucker!

Amy,I think your plant is just doing what it's supposed to be doing,filling the pot with roots.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

The only trailer I have that I could try that with is a Champagne Pink I got from Goldleaf,but it is getting so big and pretty and blooming again that I can't bear to rip it apart LOL.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Laughing as yours is trying to bloom and I have torn my poor baby from Goldleaf apart several times now. No wonder the poor thing can't bloom.........but I wanted to try and see if they would sucker when I took all but the top leaves off...........so I am moving slowly. Goldleaf has grown Champagne Pink for so many years.

Plus I tore the other pot apart to send to people.........Jannich, is yours still living?

Actually I think mine needs to be divided or topped....but I can't do it!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

It is hard isn't it!! I have a Glitter Fountain that is starting to bloom and I never even pinched the top two leaves out..........can't make myself, so I understand your dilemma.

In a day or two,when the the buds are open,I will post a picture.I know I need to do something......but can't decide what.^_^.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

They won't sucker I don't think unless you pinch out the top two leaves............then when they start suckering pinch out the top two leaves again............that is how you get more than 3 crowns out of one plant (trailer, that is)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I've read thru this thread and still have questions. I have two mini or semi trailers that I need some help with. They are in 3oz solo cups. Both have two plant in each pot. They are getting taller and Tiny Wood Trail is starting to trail over the pot. Should I leave both little plants together and put in larger pot and try to pin down the taller one? They look like they have suckers forming.
The secon one: Rob's Galinwinku also has two in the pot. It is just getting taller.
Should I pinch back both plants?
Here is Galinwinku.

Thumbnail by imadigger
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is Tiny Wood Trail. Should I have been pinching out the flowers. They are so cute, that I hesitate to take them off.

Thumbnail by imadigger
Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

here is my chantaspring, did'ent have the heart to take the blooms off. lol
mrsbonnie

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie
Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Eileen,Are you doing the Japanese project or just growing a trailer?

awww bonnie,your cheatin girl ^_^

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I am so jealous that your Tiny Wood Trail's are blooming while they're so small, Eileen! What conditions do you have them growing in?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

jannich:
I've read and re-read all the posts on the Japanese way, and I would like to try it, but my little plants may be too big. I'm not sure what to do. I'm afraid that if I pin them down to the soil, I'l end up breaking the little stems. I've been looking for squat pots, but can't find any. I have an 8oz squat cream cheese container that I may try. I just have to get the courage to try just one. There are two in each solo cup.

Syrumani: I received these two in a trade last year. It took forever for them to root. The leaves were so tiny. They are on the plant shelf under lights. I have them in the tray on mats. I haven't wicked them yet. I feed them every third watering with 1/4 strengh fertilizer. (no urea). It took a while but they are really starting to take off. They are in Miracle Grow AV mix, perlite and vermiculte - 1/3 parts each.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

imadigger - try not watering your trailer for a few days - see if that makes the stems a little more flexible. Then, water once the stems are pinned down. As far as the Tiny Wood Trails, I have them under lights too . . . oh, well. They grow great, they just take forever to bloom for me!

Chicago, IL

Imadigger, I found some sort of squat pots at John Cook's Cape Cod Violetry. I wanted to know about the pot that Gail uses - it's 2 1/8" across, but only 1 3/4 or so high. I called John and he said that:

Standard pots Height equals Diameter
Tub or Azalea pots - Height equals 3/4 Diameter
Pan pots - Height equals 1/2 Diameter

He has pan pots starting at 5", which is smaller than it sounds because I ordered one and was surprises.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I can't find the original picture of my trailer on my hard drive, so I don't know if it's on the old one or not . . . I will do a search on Dave's later to save it again. But, here it is now . . . it has got a sucker off to one side . . . sorry about the glare . . .

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Eileen,Your plants aren't to big because you will be potting the plant in a regular 2 1/2 inch flower pot to begin with,you don't need a squat pot or pan pot for now,thats later on..You will have to strip your plant down to the 4 leaves to begin with.No pinching or blooms allowed for now ^_^ If your sure there 2 separate galinwinku's in your pot,maybe you could just try using one for the japanese way and do the other the regular trailer way.I wouldn't mess with tiny wood trail,yours is growing beautiful and you have blooms.Way to go! The tiny wood trail I picked out of the spring/summer round robin, looks like a tree with lots of tiny crowns on it.LOL

Nichole,your trailer is looking good! What plant is that?

The suckers growing on my plant are getting big but no flower buds yet.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Jan - my trailer is Glitter Fountain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.