Cute idea from Quilt Show

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

After many suggestions from you great ladies here on the Forum, I finally hit up a small Quilt Show last weekend. It was set up at a local weekend festival, complete with Civil War encampment, animals, kettle corn and plenty of pickin' and singin' ! And lots of craft set-ups... I haven't been to any of those for years, so I was like a kid in a candy store!(even tho it was raining and chilly)
The show was nice, all these beautiful quilts hung up in aisles and numbered for a 'Best in Show' contest that all could vote for. (I'm sure you all have been to plenty of these, so its 'old hat' to you, but this was my first one). There were so many, it was hard to find one to vote for. Funny thing is, Hubby and I voted separately, and then discovered we voted for the same one! LOL It was a dark red, dark green French Braid, lovely thing.
There were so many what I call 'artsy quilts', some of them you had to stand way back to really get the jist of the patterns. And then there were my favorites, the homey, hand-stitched pieced ones. Just standing beside them, made me visualize the person sitting there stitching away.... My main reason for going was to research how quilts were designed and how the different pieces were stitched and where..
Anyway, we had fun, and I found some new understanding of pieced quilts. I have plenty of books, but am more of a visual, hands on learner and tend to pick it up faster when I have someone/something that explains it. There were a few hangings, purses, totes, mini quilts, etc and a few vendors with books and things to sell. One of the vendors were handing out little pincushions that go on your finger to all the 'browsers' in their corners, this is the one I brought home, just thought you'd like to see it. I'll definitely be going to more of these shows next year!

Thumbnail by Kizmo
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!