Spider Egg Sac

Mount Airy, NC

I have been watching a yellow and black garden spider for about a month now - behind my house on a bush - I have taken pictures also - I noticed yesterday - there are now 3 egg sacs - I looked today and did not see the spider - could she have died this soon? Also am wondering can I move those egg sacs before Spring and relocate them in another bush farther away from the house?

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry nobody answered you. That is what I do. After she dies, which breaks my heart even though it happens every year, I move the egg sacs. This time I won't have to though because she is in the back and out of the way. Next year I'll be out there looking for her offspring. I get really attached to them.
Lisa

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Lisa, I have several sacs attached to the plants going into the greenhouse. I need to move them because I need to spray the plants before they go in. Would it be better to tie the sacs to evergreen bushes or deciduous ones in the yard?

Good Lord, I don't know. The ones I do move I put in a Suet Bird Feeder and hang it away from the house and then check on it to watch for baby spiders. I can't remember when they hatch that info may be in the Bug Files.
Lisa

Mount Airy, NC

I have looked this year and don't see a spider - I was hoping that one of the little ones would have stayed. still hoping!

Heres my yearly spider. Right out the side door where I feed some of the cats. I'm glad I ducked down or it would have got stuck in my hair.

Thumbnail by 1lisac

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.