Windzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I think fall is here you guys.

I have been struggling with my rotator cuff surgery and the immobilized arm. I can't take it anymore, Captain. she's
gonna blow!

we are having wind driven gusts up to about 25 now, maybe more they say later. We are getting spatters of
rain too. the chickens are miserable, but the ducks are not loving it, but they are well insulated.

Hey, did anyone see the long range forecast for next weekend? I thought I saw SNOWFLAKES on the picture.
and then, this morning they are predicting a freeze for Wednesday.

I was watering and watering this past week, hey, with my good left arm I can hold a hose with the best of the
garden waterers. LOL. I washed many ground squirrel homes back into the dirt, my goodness, some of those
holes are SCARY. I think they like it with dry dirt, so next year, I will keep one portion of my mulched windbrake
area watered well and see if they stay away from that.

Its cold and windy and icky out.
oh, ps I also caught my husbands terrible hacking coughing cold. I have been up all night coughing.
sher

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Sher,

I'm sorry you got a bad cold. Did you tell your husband you don't like that kind of sharing? :)

We have the wind and rain here too. It's miserable outside. I keep hoping we'll get a few more warm days to finish up fall chores. I'm going to check out the long range forecast. We haven't even pulled the boat out of the water yet. If we do get a decent day we'll take advantage of it.

Winter will come whenever it wants to though and what doesn't get done will be there next spring to do I guess. Can't control the weather I guess.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hope you feel better soon I had the cold 3-4 weeks a go and Im still phlemed (sp) up We need to get our pontoon out of the water yet also and its raining and the wind is blowing I think I missed summer all together gezzzzzz and now no long warm fall ;0( okay I'm done whining now ;0)
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I checked the long range forecast for the next two weeks and it is not warming up. Not one day over 60 degrees and the nights are going to get really cold. I think it's getting down to 31 on Wednesday of this week. We'll just have to get out there and work in the cold after the wet dries up a tad. I have a feeling we won't be doing more than we have to. :)

Brenda

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

thanks everyone for well wishes to get bettuh.
I am up all night coughing.
Its miserable. And, I have to sit up in the chair, I can't lay down, because then
I really start coughing, and then throw up. (tmi-sorry !!!!!!!!!)
sher

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Sher,

If you can get some Mucinex D get some. That helps with the congestion a lot. Hope your'e better soon.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW the wind and rain this morning !!!!!! it rained all night and the wind has been strong I hope it stopes soon I have a lot
to do out side yet!!!! yesterday was a wash . Maybe it will be better when I get home from work . hope every one has a great day ;0)
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I know the winds blew all night here also. The rain is not letting up either. Soaked I did brave the rain to get things done finally well the garden stuff all put away. Still have done perennials to deal with. Hope fuly before the sn** flies. Yuck! Are you feeling better Sheri? Hope so. Ronna

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm like wondering, WHEEERE the heck the sun went!
I gotta go to the tanner before I kill myself and its only October...UGH!
(Help me Lord!)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

The sun would be great.. Not to much going on here today I have the day off. Ronna

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The sun is shining brightly here in AuGres. Fixing to go out and work on chores. So much to do and so little time before ole man winter arrives.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't know if I'll get every thing done before it freezes ;0( we are getting so busy at work with all the venison the little mister and son got the pontoon out to day though yaaa now all I have to do is get it cleaned up and covered
Gloria

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Always a mad rush this time of year huh?
Typically I put things off then we get 3 feet of snow
and once again I didn't get stuff done.
Oh well! ;o)

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Today we're working on cleaning out the pole barn. We started it yesterday. Once it's cleaned, organized and swept out good we'll pull the pontoon boat out and winterize it and back it into the back of the pole barn for winter. Then on to the garage for cleaning so we can put our cars in there this winter. I mowed again yesterday all the way out to and around the pond. It will probably be the last time down there this year. I will still do the leaves again in about a week. Lots more to come down yet. The chickens help clean out around some of the trees. They scratch and eat all the grass and weeds and bugs around them. :) I don't like when they get into my roses though. Bad chickens. :) We cleaned out their stall in the barn yesterday. I decided not to use it in the veggie garden because it was straw. We've switched to pine shavings and next fall we'll put those into the garden and turn it under. I don't need any more weeds in the garden.

It's a rainy day here today but we can still work inside the pole barn.

Have a good day everyone.

Brenda

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I had to work. But made some spicy chili for the hubby befroe I went turned out good. Warms you up inside right? Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

yummm I love chili any time I like to put onions green peppers cheese and sour cream on top buttered crackers and I'm good for the day ;0)
Gloria

p.s. pour that on a hamburger with bun open faced is even better

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

We're having chile today too!! Must be the cold weather to make us all want chile. :)

Got all my roses cut back yesterday. Today I'm cutting down the perennial flower bed and hopefully have time to suck up more leaves to put on it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.