crocosmia

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

not sure I spelled that right. These are also called Montbretia, right? Are they a bulb or just thick roots? I think someone sent me some or possibly some dwarf cattails and used their real name instead of including their on-line name so i don't know which is which....

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

They are small bulbs. :}

I hope that means what I have here are the dwarf cattails, then. Anyway I'm gonna go ahead and put them in the pond

I received crocomansia seeds in the mail so now I know for sure that the plants I got ARE the dwarf cattails

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

they grow from corms but I'm not sure about putting them in your pond.

Mark

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

The seeds are different from the corms. Wish I had had corms to spare to send with the seeds!

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Picked a load up by taking the dog for a walk through our local woods, and this is where the local gardeners throw their garden rubbish and i picked up a pile of them besides other plants. Sheila in NW England

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Do cattails grow from corms? I thought they grew from the seeds when they turn to fluff at the top.

NO, I've just confused everyone because I got some seeds and some bulbs and didn't which was which. I'm straight now; thanks zanymuse

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL You sound like me! I used to live in California but have been spending most of my time in the state of Confusion!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.