Morning Glories 2009 #17

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1040067

Wedding Bells, the color makes it special.

Thumbnail by patootie

Mona, was that Jamie Lynn at the end of thread #16, really pretty.

Loved my Blue Lavender Beauty. No telling what sds from this one
will produce, all my sds open pollinated

Thumbnail by patootie
Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

thanks not sure what it is seeds from two others that I grew so a cross or noid

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Jackie - I love your Wedding Bells and Lavender Beauty! What a pretty color on the LB!!!

I managed to get a few photos this morning before I had to rush off to work!

Here is a bloom at the bottom of the Diluted Fuji no Muraski vine.. It was hiding!

Thumbnail by beckygardener

wow that is so vibrant beautifull

My 'Ishidatami' is loaded every day with blooms, but I noticed that the blooms are not showing as many split petal blooms. Most are solid shaped blooms. It almost looks like a Star of India bloom.

This is Sazanami showing the pattern change on more and more blooms! I am in total awe of this vine! It rocks! Still no seed pods on this one, which is really disappointing! I've not given up though ... I have my trusty little paint brush out there every morning giving it my best shot! :-)

I still have some Moonflower vines blooming. This was blooming tonight on my arbor right next to the corkscrew blooms. (Not the best photo, but ...)

Awwww ... the fragrance is intoxicating between the Moonflower bloom, the corkscrew blooms, and the yellow 4 O'Clock blooms! And the brugs are starting to bloom again now too! Talk about a whiff of perfume. It about knocks me over when I step outside to let my doggie do her business before going to bed! Nice way to end a long day! :-)

Here is one more photo of the Sazanami blooms after the sunlight hit them. They really are this lighter color after the sun rises. Amazing how it produces this beautiful pattern. I love the lavender color too! I will be interested to see what Helena's looks like since hers are blue in color. :-)

Mona - I wasn't sure whose bloom photo you were complimenting. Jackie's pretty blooms or the DFNM bloom that I posted. If it was that deep blue Muraski, then thanks for posting a comment about it! :-) It really is THAT blue! :-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

WOW! I love that blue, becky! I also loved all the blooms from Mona, she and I are growing the same vines I think..
Jackie I love those wedding bells.. helen has some awsome blooms too..
everything is still blooming away here.. cardinal vine finally bloomed, the red one, waiting on the apricot ones, tho..
also, have no clue where my wedding bells are LOL I know I planted them in that pot the purple blizzard is blooming in.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Becky, Your Sazanami is amazing. I love it.
I hope your Diluted starts making some seeds.
Maybe when it cools off some.

Oh I love that pink Debra.

New Jamie Lynn bloom today

Thumbnail by patootie

don't you just love those? my JL are all over the place.. I even found a tiny one growing in my impatien basket under the patio umbrella..

Thumbnail by joeswife

That's so pretty Debra, in with the red impatiens.
This is my first yr to grow Jamie Lynn. Won't be my last.

lovely blooms everyone.... becky that sazanami is dreamy....

jut looked at the old thread... just love the stripes Mitsy and Mona.. they're one of my favourites too... lovely :-)

Debra and Becky... i'll put some seeds aside for you both.... i think sepacutiensis is perrenial.... well no flowers this year so i'm hopeing that it's perrenial anyway :-)

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We are leaving first week of Oct for FL. Can I pull the vines and have the seed pods continue to ripen or are they a total loss? They're all loaded with hard green pods, just not ready. I dug a few seedlings that fell and germinated, will they continue to grow in FL during the winter in Cocoa Beach? I'm totally addicted to my morning fix of cheery color and surprises.

I don't know the names, yet, but I think all of your blooms are wonderful!

Hi mittsy, if you leave the ends of the vines in a conatiner with water they should be fine drying out on the vine.. i use a little water fountain tub that runs all the time, but you can use water in a container with a little peroxide in it.. I also have dug up some small seedlings and they are doing okay in the window so far... hope you have a great time!

my wedding bells didnt make it not a single bloom it got to be about three feet tall and died have no idea why unless the dog went pee on it maybe

Gautier, MS

Love your WB and Lav. Beauty Jackie. I'm growing a few purpureas too.

Your blooms are all amazing Becky, love the size of all your blooms.

That is a really nice pink bloom Debra.

This is Matsukaze from Onalee taken with flash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's Matsukaze without flash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Still a small bloom fromSazanami #2 taken without flash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Lady Laura taken without flash.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Not sure of the ID on these blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love the Sazanami #2 Helena. I like the Matsukazi too,
very pretty.
I am harvesting sds from the pretty pink Pavonia plant. If anyone
wants a few sds, send me a dmail. It's tropical but you can bring it in for the winter. I'll send these to Becky so she can include them with the mg seed
swap.

Thumbnail by patootie

News flash. If you have a Dollar General go and buy a trellis. The regular price was $7.00. I paid 70 cents, They are discounting all their seasonal gardening merchandise.

This is tagged Plum Delight. Small bloom like Good Morning
Violet

Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the blooms I've been getting lately. I'm beggng the seed fairy to bless me with lots of seeds to share!

Debra - This photo you posted: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7101941 Very nice bloom! What is it?

Jackie - Nice JL! Is it a variation of Pink Flaked I. purpurea? Your Pavonia plant is quite attractive! Glad you have enough seeds to share in the swap. I think everyone will like it! :-) Me included!! Sweet little Plum Delight! :-)

Colin - Thanks for sharing some of your sepacutiensis seeds with me! :-) I am wondering if my Yellow Chinese Evening Glory is a perennial. It shows no signs of stopping or slowing down. And I have heard that the Alamo Vine will survive several years too as a perennial. :-)

Mittsy - Your Purple Flaked I. purpurea vines will produce and drop seeds as long as you don't get a freeze before they have a chance to ripen. I. purpurea seeds can withstand cold and often will show up as volunteers the following year. Are you wanting to collect the seeds or are you wanted to get more vines in that same area around the mailbox next year? If you want to collect seeds, you can pull them up and put them in water (change water daily) until the pods ripen enough to collect them. If you are hoping for more vines next year and there is no frost in the forecast ... then I would just let them be to ripen and drop the seeds on their own.

Thanks also for the heads up on the gardening supplies at DG. :-) Will check my local store out!

Mona - Sorry to hear about your WB vine. No telling what happened, but am sorry to hear you lost that vine. That is one of the reasons I plant them in pots ... they seem to do better for me than in the ground.

Helena - I like your Matsukaze! I grew that one this year and I just love it! Yours is a beaut! I hope you keep posting your Sazanami #2 bloom photos. That one has my interest!!! All those blooms are lovely! :-)

I managed to get a few decent photos this morning as I was rushing around getting ready for work. Lots of blooms lately! Must be the Bloom Booster kicking in!

This is a really pretty bloom on the Diluted Fuji no Muraski vine today. I have enjoyed this vine and the one I grew before it (in the Spring), too! I like the large blooms on these vines. :-)

This is the Pink Kikyo vine loaded with blooms!

The blooms at the top of the Sazanami vine look like these. At the bottom of the vine the additional blooms have the prettier pattern on each bloom. Still beautiful regardless what pattern these blooms display.

Becky thanks. Yes the JL does come out of the flaked
purpurea's. I still call them Carnival of Venice.
Lovely diluted FNM.
Cute little pink Kikyo bloom.
The Sazanami is really special. One like that comes along
just once in a great while.

such beauties! it rained and blew 48 mph winds today, knocked and shredded my I. Lind bloom, but there are four more forming.. I found this guy under the pink I. Purp monster I cut down.. neighbor dogs chewed up the tag thru the fence.. drats

Thumbnail by joeswife

That's the second time a seed swap has been mentioned. I don't have named seeds, just open pollinated, either purple or pink flaked and the purple one with red star in the center. Would anyone be interested in swapping me named seeds for engraved plastic tags wtih stainless steel wire attachers? Can I be in the swap? Here's a picture.
Mittsy

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy go here hun, and sign up.. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010582/

nice blooms again everyone...

Jakie my plum delight had lots of flowers on it, it was quite a show for as while...

Backie i'm glad your diluted FNM came though true for you it's a stunner :-)

Debra... nice lindheimeri bloom... mine also seems to get ragged in the wind/rain but the flowers have a lovely scent and stay open all day for me so they make up for it :-)

Mittsy... love that Iris... those labels are fab... really neat looking... i'm sure someone will swap you something for those... but in the meantime i have some seeds left from last year... they should still be good... and your welcome to some :-)

pic shows hot pink HIGE doing the Can Can :-)

Thumbnail by ceej1963

lovely shot of that, colin.. mine are just like that! love them..

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning!

I found some blooms this morning! All self seeded except for a couple, but at least its something!

Here's one from the good ole compost pile!

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Don't remember which one this is....almost missed it, it's vined up to the rain gutter....

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Double picotee

Thumbnail by Seedsower

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.