Keeping an eye on end of season sales

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

I think I'v missed the Gardencrossing half price sale. I LOVED that one, the plants were so FAT. Brluestone is currently having a half price sale. They say in Large pots but I can't find what that means. Any ideas? Could we start a thread for sales/coupons for the better mail-order stores/ If we all keep an eye out, perhaps we won't miss anything.
What say you?

Maggie

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

With Bluestone, their plants either come in 3-packs, or the larger ones are sold individually in what looks to me to be a 3 or 4 inch pot. Those are larger than the plants in the 3-packs, but still a bit smaller than the size of things I've gotten from Garden Crossings.

Murphysboro, IL(Zone 6b)

Well, it's not exactly gourmet gardening, but the garden department manager at my local Lowes is offering 75% off a bunch of their older stock if you buy three. So I got three huge, healthy six packs of groundcovers (Chocolate Chip ajuga and creeping thyme) for a total of $7.50. It wasn't advertised anywhere, but he told me about it as I was wandering around looking at stuff.

I'll bet managers at a lot of the big box stores are probably willing to cut deals at this time of year, if you ask.

Thanks LOLIGO. I'll keep that in mind. I am however most lusting after a sale price on October Skies.

Maggie

Potomac, MD(Zone 7a)

I just bought October Skies from dogwooditternet (sp?) on ebay for a very good price. They have a very high rating, so I thought I'd give them a try.

Thanks aebloom, how did your plant look? Will it bloom this year?
Maggie

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Ya'll need to hush! I stay in trouble for my obessive plant and seed collecting with the hubby now without ya'll contributing to my habit....LOL

Luckily,I live in a small town w/ only a Wally World that rarely has anything good...or still alive...on sale

Peggy

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Peggy - you want it all! To want "good and alive" at Wally World may be asking too much. Some of us have better WW's than others. Mine is definitely not great but the plants are alive. I do have a love for their March $5.00 clematises!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Garden crossings pots nare closser to 5 inches

Thumbnail by ge1836
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

pirl...yeah.yeah...I know. Glad the nearest Lowe's is like 60-70 mile round trip because EVERY time I do make it over there...plants just JUMP off the sale table into my buggy. I scored a pretty little variegated wallflower the last time I was there. I've moved it about 3 times...hope I didn't kill it on this latest move.

ge,
ya need to stop.

I'm sitting here trying to talk myself out of ordering 65-70 dollars worth of seeds...mostly pansies and violas...I'm about to cave....STOP ME!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

bigred !!!!!!
ya need ta stop

How can we stop you when we feel the same way?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I limit my seed buying due to bad luck.Anything to keep depression and dissapointment at a minimum

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

ge,
I'll stop you if you'll stop me....LOL

I do pretty good with seeds. I didn't get my pansies,violas,cabbages or kales started when I wanted because my greenhouse isn't climate controlled. The cabbages and kales(ornamental type)will germinate in july then start growing well when it cools off but the pansies and viola seeds will NOT geminated in anything over 65-70% so I'll get them going for next March's market. Although they're mainly a fall/winter crop here ,they will do well early spring to around end of June.

I feel my resolve fading...must have pansy and viola seeds. At least I can justify them to my hubby as needed for market sales...*G*

Don't you think we all justify our purchases whether it's for resale or for our own gardening pleasure (even if we don't get to plant them)?

I have seed packets (unopened) that have celebrated birthdays already.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OHHH yes

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yup,I have a few "old timers" un-open in the seed frig. I'm always surprized when I have a pkt of seeds I haven't opened in 3-4 yrs to germinate for me. I'm still using lettuce,carrot and spinach seeds that have whiskers and still germinating good.

Such was my basil. I used three seeds from the package each spring and they always germinated until last year. Imagine that - going bad after 15 years.

Pirl,

What a cheat!;-)

Maggie

I agree, Maggie. You'd think these companies would value their products!

My new packet of seeds is a "lifetime supply" at this point in time!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,I just couldn't help myself....I bought some more seeds. Company had snapdragon Brighton Rock I had been looking for,for a while. Four varieties of pansies and 5 of violas. Going to try a poppy other than the calif. poppy I always have in the beds so I bought eschscholzia californica "Jelly Beans". Hope they're easy as the yellow ones.

OK, I'll bite. Which company did you use? I'll "just look".

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

your killin me

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

GeoSeed....I don't see a webpage address on the catalog though

Here ya go: http://www.geoseed.com/

BWAHAHAHA,

Maggie

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

wow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.