Coffee Break # 19 - Happy Equinox!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No gravel here and I don't bother digging the holes sometimes either.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

No digging holes? How do you get away with that?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Springsteen has gravel in his voice.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

1,784 billion, trillion dollars? ..... ok that's 356.8 billion trillion dahliadollars..... nope, I still can't put that in perspective. Wait! I think you can buy Brazil for that much. ok now I get it.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

There's too many ridiculous lawsuits out there, helps slow down the bureaucracy. Someone has to actually read those lawsuits! Waste of taxpayer's money I say!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sofinisba in the time of the cold and the dark some peoples started a company that sells holes on the Rocky Mountain forum cuz some have clay/rock that requires a pick axe to dig. Holes came in large, medium and small and were shipped but you had to install them yourself. There was a revolt against the company for some interesting reason relating to getting the holes out of the box that I don't remember but it resulted in a shortage of holes. Building up, like raised beds and using pots were ways to work with the hole shortage. The end.
Dahliafoot note: It was a very long winter in the rockies snort.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

LOL-ing all over the place!

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Too funny, dahlianut!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Dnut, I'm so dissappointed the company has a shortage of holes. I really wanted to buy a few. A few dozen, I mean. That'll be easily purchased with my share of the 1,784 billion trillion lawsuit I'm a part of.

You're funny. : )

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very funny! And I've been wasting time growing rocks in my garden

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Bill, Watching the sox??

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, another Bruce fan here! Don't knock the Boss!

Victor, you know what? There is power in the full moon. If enough people believe in something, then that creates power. This is a universal truth.

Cousin Nut, I think of Elvis singing that Blue Moon of Kentucky song. He did a version of it, too. I heard his before Patsy's, so that's the one that comes to my mind.

LOL! Too funny about the holes, Cousin Nut. Too bad they have to be installed by the customer. I would have bought some. I need several hundred.

Karen

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

ouch!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we have been busy putting up our halloween decorations.... haven't even made a dent in the stuff to put out yet... I do call Randy macgyver but sometimes he makes me nuts over complicating things.. I do admit some of the things he comes up with are pretty good... and some things I have to step in and say something... the keep it simple stupid rule goes out the window sometimes.... but most of the things are clever... they still do not have a posting on when the town judging is going to happen.. I think last year it was on the 10th or something like that... we have to get moving today and get out as much as we can

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

What a great way to start the day! I am tearing up laughing so hard. Gotta love those long, winter nights in the Rockies for coming up with a great idea. :)

We posted simultaneously, Allison. I have been wondering if you had already started the BIG project. Have a productive day!

This message was edited Sep 26, 2009 6:20 AM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I hope so!!!... and thanks!!... with the rain tomorrow I am pouting a bit... but we have to get all this stuff out

Yes, Karen - but that's the placebo, or 'sugar pill', effect. I did mention believing something. But in scientific tests, this has to be ruled out. As I said, the new moon's effect is exactly the same as the full, but no one talks about the new moon - it's simply not in our psyche, or literature, or traditions, etc.

Have fun, Allison! Post pics.

I'm off to a family picnic.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes please post pics of your spooky decor onewish! I too was sad about the hole shortage sofonisba. Hope you have a great picnic Victor. I'm planting bulbous things today.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Have fun decorating, Allison! I don't decorate for Halloween. Just one more thing to spend a lot of money on. My neighbors down the street decorate really well. They have a full graveyard and everything. They have colored lights at night, strobes, and foggers. Really cool stuff. I'll take pics this year to share.

Victor, that's cause the full moon is much more exciting than the new moon. Have fun at the picnic. I'm digging in the dirt today.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I was reading the article on DG about the ZZ plant (which I now need to get), and had to look up this very amazing plant which is in the same family (CAUTION! Very suggestive photos!): http://images.google.com/images?q=amorphophallus+titanum&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=3E6-SpfhO9DL8Qb1woHAAQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

It's like in Dennis the Menace with Walter Matthau
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adn5I6roT4g&feature=related

The part with the flower starts about 3:20

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I remember that! Reminds me of the night blooming cereus cactus, but the flowers last longer.

Karen

Yes - and with a name like that, you know what to expect of the plant!

Wow - Yankees are looking dominating.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you had a good day for a picnic Victor... hope you enjoyed it

and you know I will take photos... and videos .. we got a lot done... but seems we are getting no where.. so much stuff still to do... the hardest ones to hang are out.. lights are on the house and most of them in the front yard... it's always fun watching Randy toss a chain tied to a rope into the tree in front... man he has good aim... and a little girl made my day... I made some homemade ghosts with styrofoam balls, metal hangers, and sheets.... she asked if I made them when riding her bike up the street... I told her yes... and she told me they were cool... made my day... that is what it's all about!!

South Hamilton, MA

It's fun when the youngest generation approve of your activities.

Thanks Allison. We had a great time.

Thomaston, CT

Can't wait ot see this year's creations, Allison! And instead of moon, let's talk wind----any teachers out there notice the effect a windy day has on students? or dogs?

My mom swears windy days make infants more gassy! never noticed it with my kids. Best thing about windy days is it keeps insects away.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

never heard that one before - could it have been just you victor?

Hee hee. Could be.

Congrats Yankees.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I say thanks for that! Don't worry Bill, I think we will meet again in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of looking dominant, congrats on your Jets Victor (and any other Jets fans)

Thanks, Dave. I am trying not to get too excited. They have a way of disappointing.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yes. Jets & even Mets lately, must be tough.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

My neighbors are huge Jets fans. For 17 years they've been buying season tickets. Well, this year the price went up to $3000 and they just couldn't swing it. They were telling me that it would be just their luck if this was the year the Jets went to the Superbowl. I don't know what to wish for.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Tough weekend - Tito was using a minor league line-up - felt bad for out pitchers as they did well for the most part. Hope to be playing Detroit of Minn. in a couple weeks Dave :) of course sox still need to get in and then beat the angles which will be very tough.

Jets are a good story so far this year.

Being a Mets / Jets / Rangers / Knicks fan, I am used to disappointment!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Similiar story in our house Victor but replace Rangers with the Devils(they're actually not half bad)

Thomaston, CT

Mets & UCONN football & basketball----the football team is 3-1---should have beaten NC, but the qback went out, & the 2nd stringer didn't know what to do except get pushed backward. I've also taken an interest in the Colts, since UCONN star Donald Brown is playing for them---quite a good rookie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.