CLOSED: «☼¿☼»   Fall 2009 Mystery Mix [ # 3 ]

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

################     CLOSED     ################

If you want to request a packet of my Mystery Mix for Fall 2009, goto the following (new) thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1048356/
~ £
£az£o's Mystery Mix for Fall 2009 is now being offered for SASE:

«☼¿☼»
This seed offer is not a new offering ~ this is a posting continued . . .
«☼¿☼»

from here » http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021280/
and
from here » http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1038271/

I have tried to keep this mixture limited to seeds from full sun plants however there may be some which thrive better in part shade exposures.   Keep in mind that "full sun" here in OzTown, Tax_US is somewhat akin to being at the gates of Hell and so "part shade" here may be equal to "full sun" where your garden grows.

Hundreds of packets have been packaged already and there's still a huge reserve of the mix in a container for the event so many requests come in that I run out of pre-packaged seeds.   So please don't post on this thread questions such as "Do you have any left?"

Whenever the supply runs out, I will close this thread right away.  Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Mystery Mix seeds left and, yes, I will send a packet to you . . .

What I need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) or a self-addressed bubble envelope (SABE) enclosed with 61¢ in LOOSE U.S. postage stampsPlease do not affix the postage to your return envelope.  Thank you.

Mark the lower left corner on the outside of your enclosed return envelope with the words:   Mystery Mix, just to keep me oriented and all.  Thank you.

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

A T B T Y !       ~       £az£o     ;--)

This message was edited Oct 15, 2009 1:44 PM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

SAE mailed out to you today for these. Thanks Margaret

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Did you know that is my couch you are sleeping on? LOL I just gave my leather sofa to my son.. I planted some of the seeds outside in the Lazlos' area....The little tagetes I got in the mix last year are awsome..

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

several varieties of tagetes in this version of The Mix - not just the Frenchies.

good, I collect them..thanks! These are exquistieslicious..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Got mine today! Thanks a bunch!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I had to get a mailing envelope, so mine is heading out tomorrow.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Me too. Chalk that up to just a little set-back when you live in the boonies like I do too. My envy's on the way.
Your seeds are the best, Lazlo. Can't wait to see what sprouts.

It's official......Happy Fall, Ya'll!

Edited to sa................Whose gona help me ID all those spourts?

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009 11:33 PM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Don, I'm sending an envelope for mine and Stephanie's class. The kids are excited! Thanks again for your generosity!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Jacquié - you (and Stephanie) got Dmail!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't receive dmail.

I also chalk it up to the fact that I tried to lop off the side of my finger using my hand-held pruners and have 5 stitches in my finger. Those pain pills really knock me for a loop!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello LazLo, your seeds arrived here today. Thank you so much. And thank you for the Crepe myrtle also :)

ants

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank You for the seeds Don. Very much appreciated.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Of course I didn't open mine until tonight and WOW! That is quite a mix...

Can't wait to see all that's in there! Thanks also for the Hesperaloe. Silly me - I should have known to look for the little bonus you're famous for, Don!

Thanks again!

Kelly

I liked his seed packet alot... it looks like he spends a long time on it..

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine will get out this weekend..

larkie

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼¿☼»

Here's a photo of the contents of a randomly chosen packet of the current Mystery Mix offering
. . . with 7 freebie seed IDs . . .

«☼¿☼»

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 10:46 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I want in on this one too. Envie is in the mail.

OH BOY! A southern magnolia! I planted that one! YAY! you are just the bestest! the seeds to the right are in pots already, you plant lovers you...

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

My seeds have arrived!! Whohooo : ) And the fun begins!
Thanks a bunch : )

Canton, OH(Zone 5b)

LazLo, my seeds arrived yesterday and I can't wait to get them started! Thank you so very much.

(Darla) Dubuque, IA(Zone 5a)

Got my envy today! Thanks again!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Me too. Thank you, Lazlo!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

There are still oodles and oodles of Mystery Mix packets available.

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

Got my seeds today, thanks so much. Started right in planting the Crepe Myrtles.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My seeds arrived today, too!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Got my seeds. Thanks Lazlo!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Lazlo, I'm going to send an envelope to you.. your mix last fall just couldn't cope with the crazy way I WS'd them LOL.. I had a lot of seedlings come up, but then life got in the way big time and they suffered for it unfortunately.

Now that I'm in Iowa, I'm going to plant them in a box planter and winter them inside with me..see how big they get before I can plant them next spring (which in Iowa is around the beginning of JUNE!)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

sounds like a plan, Clan!

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Received my mix. Thanks so much.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Received my mix today Lazlo thank you so much. Margaret

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Howdy. Y'all!   Beaucoup packets of Mystery Mix still yet unclaimed !

Come'n git it!

This message was edited Oct 9, 2009 12:35 PM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Lazlo,

How would you suggest planting these? Just scatter them in a sunny spot? How about wintersowing?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼¿☼»

winter sowing is what i am doing with them . . . but they can be planted now in a sunny spot, most covered with ¼ in. of soil. where i direct sow them, i cultivate to a depth of about 3 in. and then thoroughly rake, scattering the seeds in the rows left by the tool, then using regular potting soil i top the area with approx. ¼ of cover and then water by hand with a can & keep the area moist for a couple of weeks - then let Nature take its course.

now for the large seeds, i use the rule of thumb to sow them about as deep as the longest dimension of the seed. i.e., a nice plump canna seed would be sown ½ in. deep . . . and for a seed of a Horseradish Tree (Moringa oleifera), i would change that to around 1 inch.

hope this helps you make your sowing decisions.

ATBTY ! ~ £

«☼¿☼»

Thumbnail by LazLo
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Got mine today! Thanks so much.. I am also going to winter sow..

Larkie

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Lazlo,

Thanks. You should see the plant I grew from the Lion's tail seeds you sent and I WS.
I have one plant that is 6 1/2 ft tall and it just now getting blooms on the top. Is this plant a perennial and will it come back next year if I protect the roots?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

It is perennial here in OzTown - - when the blooms get all dried out, I cut it down to the ground and heavily mulch over it. Last year's came back for me. We'll see how it does over this winter.

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

Are there still packets of mystery mix? If so I would like to claim one. Please let me know.
Thank you,
Mickey

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼¿☼»

Mickey:  Hundreds of packets have been packaged already and there's still a huge reserve of the mix in a container for the event so many requests come in that I run out of pre-packaged seeds.

«☼¿☼»

Thumbnail by LazLo
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Lazlo could I claim a packet for a lady who has moved back to where one of my sisters works? She had to leave all her flowers behind and only got 3 hollyhocks to grow for her this year so my sister has enlisted my help in getting her set up with seeds again.
Margaret

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.