i just don't care for the green

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Meet C. 'Rex'. It is well shaped and a nice size and has great colors, but I just don't like the green. It isn't lively enough I think. Any thoughts? xuling

Thumbnail by xuling
Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

another pic of 'Rex'. xuling

Thumbnail by xuling
Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I like it I think it would look neat mixed with mine

Thumbnail by trinawitch

or maybe this one

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I think it is beautiful. I will take a cutting.

yeah me too!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Looks good to me

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I like it! But then there aren't many I don't like.....

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

This is my Rex. I like it a lot!

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I got Rex as a bonus from RD co-op.Its a great companion but not a center piece.
This is it with goldfinch and Watermelon

Thumbnail by ge1836

either way I still like it, so if zuling (or anybody else) doesn't like it I will gladly take some off your hands

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Ge.. I don't see any watermelon in that pic. Not to nitpick or anything. :0)

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

oh that one's awesome too

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its the dark read at the back

daydreaming of a coleus garden...ahhhhhhh LOL

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

the sun was shining on this Rex leave and it looks so different from the other pics on this thread that i submitted. i almost like it. xuling

Thumbnail by xuling

good pic xuling!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

trinawitch, you are either dreaming of a coleus garden or an iris garden. Please do not look at the Hardy Hibiscus... You need to get focused or you are going to end up old like me, broken down and sometimes you can walk. I needed, wanted and got both. A whole lot of work. Just keep dreaming but look out when you get what you wish for. Big hugs coming from the Las Vegas desert.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

xuling, If you could pretty please part with just a pinch, I'd love to try it. Hope we can work out a trade.

rvnsbrk, You've spoiled me and have opened my eyes to so many different ones. It's all your fault!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I would also love three stems. I have many great bulbs that push up great small flowers all summer long. I also have many Coleus stems that can be traded. Please d-mail me.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

watch out or the garden obcession bug will get you

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

HEE HEE Susan.... I love being bad and enabling people in their coleus addiction.. Someone has to take over since Brinda isn't here right now. :))

the garden obsesion bug bit me when I was 5 and grandpa showed me how to make sunflowers dance, philodendrons cry, and the special suprise at 1 am when the moonflowers bloomed......so I guess it's a good thing I have 3 properties here in town and 33 acres in Missouri to play with huh?

as for the work...I have 5 teenagers...ca you guess what they do when they get in trouble?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

trinawitch, with 5 teenagers, you need to be on the Prayer Thread....LOL

Some days I think so...pray I make it through another days with out killing them! LOL

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

We have a combined family. NOT THE BRADY BUNCH. When we got married 35 years ago we each had a daughter each 3 months apart. Then two boys two years apart. Oh my goodness. The girls were 13 when we got married and joined families. We had custody of all 4 children. What a disaster. My husband worked at the Nevada Test Site. He was an Engineer and blew up bombs. I was a Mortgage Banker for Chase, which is JP Morgan Chase. No cell phones, 4 children in every after school activity they could think of and I finally cried Wolf. My husband gave up his Engineering career and joined me and we kicked butt in Mortgages in Las Vegas for the next 20 years. I just did not have enough arms and he was a calmer more Texas kind of guy so he did well. Funny point. More than 100 individuals have asked him, "How did you two get together"? I wonder who they were wondering about. Me the loud, gregarious one, or the quiet, gentleman from Texas. We do much better now because DH has lost his hearing and he can turn his hearing aide down or off. That is if he can find them....Thanks for letting me Ramble. Sharon from the Las Vegas Desert. 101 degrees today. Sorry for getting off track....

we have a combined family 1 is mine he is 13, 2 belong to him and his ex they are 12 girl & 14 boy, then we have his ex's other son 19 because when she left 5 years ago she left him too, then we have a 15 yo boy that my hubby didn't even know existed until the boys mother died 4 yrs ago from breast cancer and Iowa DCFS sent us their files on how this kid was being abused by his grandmother, and trust me both the 15 yo old and grandma are a treat to deal with sometimes

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

OMG, You do need to join the prayer thread. You need prayers every hour on every day. Love coming your way from the Desert in Las Vegas, Nevada not New Mexico.

thanks skwinter, all but 1 I have gotten into the gardening thing (helps that I let them pick out thier own flowers too, and plan where they go) The 14 yo, sat down a drew out several scale models of the backyard for me so we can sit down and plot what's getting planted where in the backyard...amazingly he even made the list of what needs done before we can plant!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Good job!

he's a good kid that likes to learn eveything that is hands on!! although they all call me the Tree-Hugging-Dirt-Worshipper...at least they do so affectionately!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.