Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

Another one

Hamilton, OH

Here it is
Elizabeth

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I love that the foliage is so healthy as well.

Hamilton, OH

Veronica
Thank you, have you had green cutworms on yours? I picked about 30 off of mine, it's like this is war

Elizabeth

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes, Elizabeth, the little devils have made holes in a number of my Brugs. I flatten them with the sole of my shoes when I find them. At least they are not as destructive as grasshoppers and not as many either. :-)

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth. they are soo pretty! Which ones are those? I love the first one!
DeeS

Hamilton, OH

Veronica
I have picked about 30 so far, I have a jar of water for them, if you see a hole in your buds, open it up, they are really snug in there

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Dee
the first one is Angels exotic, the second one is Apricot moon flower, I have to take a Pic of Painted Lady, the first day it's light pink, then the second day it's dark pink, I am glad you like them

Elizabeth

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I was wondering what their names were. How pretty. I see it (the names) on Dee's
So pretty.

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
thank you, I have a few more that have buds, I am waiting on so I can take more Pic's

Elizabeth

Honey, I know they will be heavenly.
Still waiting on a little one I got. when she
blooms I will take a pic.

Brownstown, IN

Great pics Elizabeth!!!
Your plants always look so pretty and healthy!

Karen

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
you will have blooms soon, I can't wait to see Pic's of your Brugs blooming
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Karen
hey girl, I am sooo glad you got to see my Pic's, there will be more in a few days
Elizabeth

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

oh look at all those buds in the background !

Hamilton, OH

iris28
I hope, all the buds bloom before it starts to get cold, painted lady is blooming, I have to get Pic's of that one it's dark pink, I also now know why people grow moon flower vine, it smells really good also
Elizabeth

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

my moonflower vine hasnt bloomed . to shady i think . we have until about nov 1 for the first frost . but im willing to bet it happens before Halloween . this yr has been wacky. moms flowering almond just re bloomed or bloomed early . i hope it goes again in the spring . i have hostas reblooming . i didnt think they did that .

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Elizabeth.. quite lovly.. I love the crinkled look to them great texture and depth in it.. I wish there were another two months in the fall.. I'd be all set..keep the blooms comming

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Time for more pics yet, Elizabeth?...lol...you know I love seeing your pics! My first bloom is finally unfurling..looks white,right now. I'm waiting for daylight to see what progress it has made overnight...am I hooked or what?
DeeS

Hamilton, OH

Dee
you have to post Pic's but you already know that right,
Gorden, there will be plenty Pic's I have just got started, everyone will be tired of them by the time I get done, you have some amazing Pic's of your own, it;s amazing what you have on the rooftop no less, my kitchen has a flat roof but DH says no way I can put anything up there, but wait till nx year I ill have lots up there

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

I thought everyone would like this, more Pic's
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

It is painted lady
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Another one of painted Lady
Elizabeth

Oh, Elizabeth. Your Painted Lady is beautiful. Such a pretty
color.

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
I have 2 of those, I will send you some cuttings, of that one payday, which is next Thursday, I will also have some day blooming Cerus for you, right now the day Blooming Cerus is loaded with Buds, I expect it will be a full Flush, I also have angels moonlight for you, it is in water right now, but it should be rooted soon, I am glad you like my Pic

Elizabeth

Sounds wonderful. Yes, I'm looking forward to payday too.
That Pink Noid, I bought this summer is getting ready to bloom and my white one is
too. Both have their Skirts showing, so I know it won'y be long. Especially
the white one. I'll take a pic. Sure do love seeing yours. Charleen

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes, it is beautiful! Mine is pink now,but the one that is open is down low on the inside of the bed, and it's too wet for me to crawl in there and lay down to take a pic(raining)lol But as soon as the ones on the outer branch pop, you know I wil post a pic! Brugs sure do have wonderful blooms.Just takes my breath away..
DeeS

I took a pic of my white one. The skirt is showing, so it won't be long now.
Dee, Don't you get down on the ground and take a pic. You might get
bogged down. Brugs sure make their humans do weird things too.
All for the love of a bloom.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Charleen, I don't want to get bogged down, nor do I want to be an ole bag, down...cause this ole bag, might have a hard time getting back up..lol.Charleen, when your first one bloomed...the pink one...did it open pure white? Mine looked snow white yesterday...What an amazing plant!
Elizabeth are these planted in pots or in the ground?Just curious. I stripped most of the leaves off of my noid pink, because I was afraid that the blooms were gonna get hung up on them...now the two tallest branches are tree shaped. I might have to get a banana dug out in the morning if its not pouring, cause one of the blooms that is getting ready to open, is very close (if it's not already) to touching it. I absolute love my brug! Definately my most favoritest plant ever!
DeeS

I thught it was going to be yellow, I think. then when that Salmon pink came out I was So shocked.
It is amazing what us old bags will do for the love of a Brug, isn't it? I buzz from one plant to the
other to see what they are doing. I love them all.
I've already bogged down once this week when I went to feed my chickens. Thank God
the ground was soft. Foot slipped and down I went. YUK!!!

I got a pic ths morning for you girls to look at. I hope I got the one I meant too. But if you
look at her with her skirt swirled she looks Yellow. Then surprize- pink follows. I guess
when the air hits it after it opens and it s whole new bloom.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Hamilton, OH

Charlene
you go girl, I am sooo glad you have a blooming brug, I would take more Pic's but I would have to do it holding an umbrella, in between the rain, Summer Kisses, by JT sessions is about to open up, I went out & counted I only have 34 more to dig yipeee, oh New Orleans Lady, Bon Bon all should be open in about 2 days

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, I bet you are glad to see the rain.Good excuse for a break from digging. Do you plant all your brugs in the ground?
DeeS

You are goinhg to get shovel holder cramps if you are not careful.
Duhhhhh!!! I see now, 34. All go into GH?
Better be glad it is raining to make dirt easier to did.
Dee, you see my skirt? It is sort og yellow. White one and small
pink still not open yet. I'm watching. Pink fantasy is getting leaves.
Hostas are growing, Hydragea is in ground. All looking
good and calling for rain this afternoon. Wish we could Stock pile
it for next year, huh? girls???

Hamilton, OH

Dee
I sure do, it's hard work at the end of frost, but they do so well inground, now I have these monsters to trim back, next spring they will all be in tree form, less space, if they are in tree form, I will trim them in about 3 weeks, I will dig the small ones this week end they will fit in a one gallon pot, it will give them time to adjust, before I bring them in, the ones that have buds will have a chance too Bloom before I dig them, I just called the university to see if they want the 4 Frosty
pinks that are over 6ft, hopefully they will take them, year before last I gave them 4 different colors, they loved them

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, do you go see the plants after you
give them away?/ That would be so neat.

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
the nice manager of their Greenhouse, took wonderful photos, sent them to me, & said they were a favorite of the staff & the students, they were all over 7ft, it took about a week for them to get over the stress of being dug up, but then they were in full Bloom, they found a good home, I sold a Jade the trunk was 5 inches in diameter, the first of spring I had to trim it, it was top heavy, I have sooo many houseplants as well as all the Brugs, in the wintertime my basement looks like a Greenhouse, when everything is all in I will take Pic's so you can see, I was totally amazed what you can grow with grow lights, even my Orange tree goes down there, Lucky for my DH, poor thing I told him in my plants die I was outta here, after 36 yrs, so he did 4 grow lights for me, it works great
Elizabeth

He loves you with all his heart. I don't have a GH wish I did.
I know they loved those brugs. Wonder if they study them?
I should hope so, they are so very interesting. I am so
glad I found them and all fo you to share them with.
It would be so very boring.

Brownstown, IN

Elizabeth Wow! Painted Lady is a Looker!
I have a pod on mine too, I just hope I get to see her bloom!
Thank you for sharing your pics!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.