GARDEN PICS: BEAUTY FALLS IN THE GARDEN

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Hmmm, I will have to think about it, Katye. So many pretty flowers and (weeds) to learn their names and habits.
I did go collect some 4 o'clock and Nicotiana seeds today. I will have lots of seeds to give away. Will they reseed themselves?

Thumbnail by LynnPhillips
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

The Nicotiana will - I had several starts in my garden this year, as well as some from seeds from Julie . . .

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I've read that Four O'clocks will reseed themselves like crazy. I just traded for some. ;)

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Yeah, these were from Julie's seeds.
Here are some of my 4 oclocks

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Pony, I will have lots of 4 o'clock seeds if you want some.

Thanks Lynn, but I already got the ones I wanted- "Limelight Rose". :)

I need at least 10 more flowerbeds for all these seeds I've been trading for... LOL!

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes Happy Belated B-Day to you.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

One of my favorite koi

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

My begonias are still going strong.

A close up.

And a different planter.
Can you tell I like the color orange a lot?

My Candida is just blooming now. Seems late for a clem, but come to think about it, all three of my white ones are currently in bloom.

Loooove all that orange, Sharon! Gorgeous! :D

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful, Sharon. I like orange a lot, too.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Sharon, that orange is spectacular.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My Noid Hydrangea has been beautiful this year. The blooms start out white and have turned to this beautiful magenta pink.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Have a few late DL's still. They are a nice surprise this time of the year.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I still have one delphinium blooming. They rest have been cut back already.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These sweetpeas are so pretty and very late blooming .

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Bea, my delphs are still going too. Couldn't bear to cut them back today even though I know the freeze we're supposed to get will zap them.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

With all this sun, things are certainly hanging on. And it's supposed to last all week. It'll be pretty messy, though, after this system hits, if it gets as cold as they think it will. It's still pretty warm at my place - and was so even in the middle of the night.

I actually watered a couple of droopy plants today. What's up with that?

The weather site I use says rain from Tuesday on...

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I have a couple of rhodies under big firs that are really droopy. Didn't get a chance to water today. Maybe tomorrow. I remember a few years ago I was watering the first of November.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I just paid the second of two outrageous water bills, so that made it even harder for me to water. LOL!!

I know the rain will come soon enough - it's just strange for things to still be dry . . . of course, this year has the most beautiful mums I've ever seen. It seems like they're nice for a day or two and then a frost comes and kills everything. I don't do mums anymore.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I saw this at the nursery today. Pretty coo. Japanese cryptomeria 'Christata'. It was "only" $89.99, which is pretty good for this size of this hard to find plant. It's not supposed to get much over 18'.

It would be a very cool conversation piece in the garden . . .

Thumbnail by katie59
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Most things I've read say it hits a max of 25'

Thumbnail by katie59
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow, that is really weird looking. Are they hardy here?

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I think so. What I've seen online says they were introduced from Japan in 1901.

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

katie59- That is really a fascinating plant....OMG I think you have stared something here!!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

And it's even more fascinating when you see it in life. You feel compelled to touch those cockscomb things - they're soft a dense. I'd love to watch them as they mature.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

That is a weird one!

I saw a beautiful small tree (Neolitsea sericea) at a nursery that made me think of all you folks with shady gardens. Alas, I would not have a good home for it. It had pretty, but subtle Fall color, purple and green, and slightly veined leaves, only grows to about 20 feet tall according to the tag. Sorry, didn't have camera along. It was only in a 4 inch pot, but it caught my eye.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Check out this picture posted by jmorth in the Perennial Forum!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7171046

(Judi)Portland, OR

They need an air traffic controller.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Lovely pics of flowers still in bloom! I whacked back so many tender plants to try cuttings last Sunday and NO Frost here...that's a good thing I guess, but really would have liked to see the color when I got to see my yard in the light this weekend!

Kathy, that cryptomeria is really cool...I just love plants that you feel like you need to reach out and touch!

Renton, WA

hyssop still going strong

Thumbnail by dirt_in_ozone7b
Renton, WA

honeysuckle

Renton, WA

annual fuchsia with a visitor.

going to lop those off tomorrow.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Pretty pictures DIO7, Love the bee butt. And hello.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sharon and Kate, this link's for you guys. I just found this site and the articles are great.

http://www.northcoastgardening.com/2009/07/disease-resistant-roses-pacific-northwest/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.