GARDEN PICS: BEAUTY FALLS IN THE GARDEN

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I am very aware that this is redchic01's territory, but I know she has computer and typing problems right now, so am hopefully helping her out by starting a new thread. Hope your problems go away soon, Shelly!

Come one and come all to this thread that is for just about anything that is going on in your garden, or whatever plants you felt like taking pictures of!! I hope that everyone joins in from anywhere, since we're all Northwest of somewhere!

I know as fall progresses, we will all be anxious to share the changes in color and form in our gardens and that our cameras will once again be in full use.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl
Eugene, OR

Nice job Sharon, I'm sure Shelly will appreciate it.

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Love that sunflower! :)

Eugene, OR

And the Title. Didn't notice until after I posted.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes, nice title, Sharon. I'm sure that Shelly will appreciate it!

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I just don't understand how things have slowed down a bit in the garden but I am even more behind on threads than usual!

Pony, your yard is looking wonderful, and I love the new bed. It is going to look great when it is finished, and I can't wait to see the results when all of your bulbs are poking up next spring!

I liked all the cat pics, but Susybell, the bag pic is just too much!!!

Bea, Your roses are still so beautiful, and that clem is sensational! I am not familiar with that one either, but sounds like a great garden addition.

Linda, your world is glorious! I just love your selection of plants...such a tropical look for our area.

Mom's sunflower pics is of the one that gave us quite a start when we took a trip to EWA right before roundup. We arrived at the house in the dark, and there was this looming thing next to the steps...almost looked like a person. Hadn't been there a month before!

It has a wonderfully gigantic flower...if we can beat the birds to the seeds, we would be more than happy to share!

Thumbnail by Rarejem

I just love Cape Daisys, and they do extra well over on the warm side of the state.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Ooh... the cape daisy is the most wonderful color! I've become so obsessed with bright orange flowers lately. And red. And yellow. And... and... LOL

I'd love to have a few seeds from that sunflower if you get any. :)

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

I was collecting coriander and dill seeds and noticed that these lonely bachelors were looking for attention today. It was a nice surprise. Z

Thumbnail by MichaelZ

Pony, I will most likely get seeds from the sunflower before the birds get them all as we are going back out in a couple of weeks. I will definitely save some for you, and if you would like, some from the Cape Daisy as well if you would like. There is something just invigorating about the hot colors!

MichaelZ..What a lovely surprise for a beautiful fall day!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Great Job Sharon, Shelly will love it.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Oh, yes please, Julie- I would love some of those daisy seeds. Thank you! :)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful flower everyone!

Eugene, OR

I second that Willow!! Lovely colors!! So bright and cheerful.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Pony, do you have any room for Heleniums? They prefer full sun, good drainage & moist soil. they come in hot shades, & I can share some of mine with you. I have several varieties which bloom in succession, so the show is extended. LMK

I reckon I can make room, Katye. I'd love to have some. Thank you! :)

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

here's some of what I've got:

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

and more

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

and more. I think you might be needing some Crocosmia too, no?

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

and coreopsis Baby sun for the front of all that.

Thumbnail by Katye
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hot, hot, hot. Those are beauties, Kate!!

That bed brings sunshine on even the dreariest day! WOW!

OMG The colorrrrrs... *zing* I love them.

Melissa gave me a bunch of Crocosmia 'Lucifer' and a few other mixed ones, so I think I'm good on those. :)

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Pony - I can move what I want out of the bed & winter the rest over for you. So, don't get nervous about having to build another bed so soon.
May I suggest a very nice Rose - "VooDoo" - Mine is over 5', strong grower - excellent foliage & fairly blackspot resistant. The flowers are not super fragrant, but smell nice up close & personal. They glow in the sun, and would do well with the heleniums, et al.

The previously pictured Crocosmia are "Glowing Embers", I believe - yellow in the throat.

Thumbnail by Katye

That's a beautiful rose. I only have one rose, and I have no idea what it is. Kind of a magenta color. It was here when we bought the house. It was all wild and trashy looking, so I cut it almost to the ground, and it's coming back nicely now.

Aw heck, I'll take whatever you want to throw my way... I just picked up more soil today, might as well build another bed to put it in, huh? It'll help my evil plan to get rid of the front lawn one bed at a time. LOL!

I could meet you somewhere up your way after you've done your dividing and stuff. :)

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

hello, hello, i have room for heleniums too!

I got up at 5 a.m. today after a whopping 3 hours' sleep to deliver my beloved 1962 Airstream Bambi to its new owner, who met me at the ferry in Port Angeles. Everything went smoothly, and I loved the drive up -- you folks up there have some stheriously siiiiiick countryside. I was thinking about you all & wishing I could have scheduled some time with people but I was really freaked about getting this trailer delivered -- major payday for me -- and had no idea how the timing would play out.

On the way back, I pulled over for a crappy meal in Brinnon, then crossed the road to Dosewallips S.P. to wander the marsh & then nap for a couple of hours. It was really wonderful -- since my last name is Walla, I feel like Dosewallips could be a family descriptive! There was a great-looking nursery right there too but it was around closing time & I was so sleepy.

I woke around 7 and headed back, running out of daylight just as I ran out of Hood Canal scenery too. Sure hope I have reason to head back up there sometime & feel relaxed enough to take in the sights more.

You need to visit Walla Walla. ;)

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Or maybe the Valle region of Norway, from whence our name springs. There is a smidgen of Native American on my mother's side, but not the Walla Wallas. Some untrendy minor tribe in Texas whose name is lost to family history because, shock-faint, my mother's family was not so thrilled with my grandfather's heritage back then.

(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA(Zone 8a)

Wonderful pics!
Pony nice looking bed new beds are always fun! How long have you had your home?
PNWMountainGirl- So you recognize your passionflower. Your yard has definately spilled into mine-- thankfully

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Whirlwind trip, to be sure. But excellent that you have that ticked off your "new-life" list. Make sure to give yourself a pat on the back!!

Thanks Linda!

We moved into this house one year ago tomorrow. Geez- when I think of the fact there was no garden at all here and I didn't have time in the fall when we moved in to do anything about it... I guess I've done pretty darned well! :)

*pats self on back*

:D

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Pony I would most likely bring it to you unless the ground has the dreaded white stuff. That way I could visit Pixy to harass her about having too many plants, LOL! let me know when you are finishing the bed. We'll talk.

Okay- thank you! :)

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Mums & sedum

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Black eyed susan just opening

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

monkshood

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)