Canna Seeds

want to try growing some canna seeds.
will trade,buy,or postage.
Thanks.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

You're welcome to try fresh seeds from my Red, Hot Pink, and Peach cannas. Red is Indica, the others are NOIDs to me. If you're interested I'll D-mail pics, heights, etc.

Would love to see your pictures.
Thanks.

Christmascactus, can I ask what zone you live in? I only ask because I was wondering whether you were looking for cannas you wouldn't have to dig up or would prefer some you could leave in the ground.

Bubba1

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Fruit.. how many seeds do you have to share?? can I get a few of them? trade??

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

DG, D-mail and we'll work something out.

Bubba1, I'm in zone 7b/8a & maybe 8/b in some sheltered places around the house. I don't have to dig cannas up here.

Have you already received the seeds you were looking for? If not, I could go out and see if my red indica have some seeds I could collect. I also have some seeds from an indica I bought in seed form last spring. They called it indian arrowroot. Looks just like my red indica, but the petals are yellow and reddish-orange all on the same flower. I do want to keep some of those for myself, but I do have enough I could share a few. Would you like some? If so, I could send you some if you send me a sase.

Bubba1

Thanks Bubba1, I have Red Indica canna plants.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh what ONE DAY makes...(this pic taken yesterday)

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

and TODAY!

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71

Aren't cannas wonderful?! I love the way you can just poke them in the ground and they are pretty low maintenance the rest of the summer. Just water and watch the show!

Bubba1

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

all I have is yellow. . can't wait to add to them!

You are blessed! You live in a climate where you can plant the tropicals and never have to dig them up and bring them in! I was laying in bed last night trying to go to sleep thinking about how I need to start thinking about going outside and digging everything up! ( I have lots to dig ) I was so excited this spring when I found tropicals at my local walmart! I ended up with 2 white bird of paradise, two cordyline (one is red!), an abyssinian banana (thats now over 6 ft. high and in my dining room) and a large croton which is a variety I had never seen before! And thats not counting the 4 bananas and the 3 brugs I need to dig up, pot and find a place in the house for! And then theres the smaller plants now in the garage I will have to find a place for! I think I live in the wrong climate during the summer! Ha! ha! I watched CSI Miami last night. I spent as much time looking at the foliage as I did watching the story! Ha! ha!

Have you been able to make any trades with anyone for more colors?

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

one in the making! *S*

What color?

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

doing a trade for seeds, pink and peach

Sounds pretty! Good luck!

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.