So Manitoba do you think

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

your football team's coach should have kept his mouth shut (re what he thought of Saskatchewan). ;D :D (shades of that fellow re Banjo Bowl).

BTW my husband's boss lives in Winnipeg and the day after the game he sent a text message to DH wondering where he was (DH has a huge territory). DH replied he was following a Blue Bomber fan that was holding his head down and flying through this province as fast as he could. He was either leaving Manitoba in shame (re Sunday's game) or was terrified he'd get torn apart by the Roughrider fans (of which we have more than a few. Though his destination of Alberta prolly would have been a dangerous place for him too........since we have managed to populate that province (more than a wee bit).

Sorry Manitoba (I really, really, really couldn't resist).

*hehehe* says she as she chews a straw, straightens her straw hat, pulls up her dungarees, and tunes up her banjo.

(edited to correct who said what)

This message was edited Sep 20, 2009 12:26 AM

No apologies necessary, can't say I am real fond of him and I doubt anyone else on DG from MB cares. (or reads this).

Nice to have you back on the board, Pam. I'll even let you stick your tongue out at me over football if you want. Don't swallow any of that straw.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks for the lovely welcome back echoes! :D I admit a wee bit of the devil, in me, influenced how I'd do my come back posting here. ;D

I also have to say that the coach certainly caught my ear when I heard his loverly description of this province (and I relished the thought of what would happen to the Bombers the next time they met the Roughriders). :)~ You would not believe the number of green and white sweaters/tshits/hoodies that could be seen around town after he made that announcement.

By the way what was the final score of the game they had on Sunday again????????????

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. ;D

This message was edited Sep 20, 2009 12:23 AM

I really don't remember the score. 50~ to ~20~ wasn't it. Worst loss they had ever taken yada yada. Didn't even listen for all the excuses of what went wrong. When a team does that bad, is it just the players fault? Do you just blame the quarterback or the defense? I wouldn't. But then you know I don't care what colour these guys wear, I just like to watch them run onto the field. Then it's all about the food and drink cause I think fb is the most boring game ever. I am so glad Greg enjoyed it. Even Saskatchewan has something going for it now.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOLOL good one echoes (you have your own devil I see ;) and well I think it was something closer to SK 50 to MB14.

Yep Greg enjoyed it and it will certainly give him fuel (and all the other fellows at the Regina office) to bug their Winnipeg boss (for a looooooooooooooooong time to come).

Picky picky.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOL Hmmmmmm I'll get even more picky (I just visited enemy territory http://www.bluebombers.com/) and the final score was SK55 MB10.

Revenge is soo sweet.

Well there, you see now you really know the flavour of nit picking.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Keeping my BC Lions nose out of this except for welcoming back that straw girl from the flat land back to DG.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOLOL oh Linda now don't be a chicken! ;D Thank you its good to be back!

Says this stubble jumper who is currently licking the sweetness off her lips. ^_^

North Saanich, Canada

Hi Lilypon! Welcome back!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

You two are way too much fun ^_^ Correctomondo about SK bashers staying clear of AB. Many, many loyal greenies here (including my DH). Great to see you back Lilypon!

Les, can you believe how she is persecuting me? I am soo embarrassed, don't know what to do. May have to go away and hide for awhile. It's like, the WINNIPEG Blue Bombers...blame Sam Katz, he's the mayor of not my city.

But it is great to have her back. I think...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

T'isn't fair at all considering you're a Stampeders fan.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks Glenda, dahlianut, Linda and echoes and its sure great to see all you folks here!

LOLOLOLOL oh (((echoes))) here's a hug for you.........I too don't think you are that upset). But is your DH????????

Dahlianut it must be tough for your Stampeders when the Riders come to town (I gather the stadium can be tilted *a lot* in favour of the green and white those days. So do you and your husband sit together then???

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lilypon we rope them all off (including DH) into one big section by their lonesomes ^_^ Really, right on about that, there are about 1/3 Greenie fans at our 'rival' games and it's very friendly. Not like when the Greasies come to town. No one likes the Greasies very much. Poor Greasies.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOL I'm guessing those greasies have Oilers in their name?

And that Calgary and Edmonton have a similar Hatfield and McCoy relationship that the Riders and Bombers have (and boy have they bombed lately.....thanks Montreal)!!!! :D

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes we luv to pick on Edmonton ^_^

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

So where are those greasy Edmontonians these days?

(still laughing over the greenies being roped)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It's pretty much neck and neck in the west so far as I can tell. Great season! The Friday night games will be interesting. We're gonna whomp your guys Don! ^_^

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Probably...don't watch much. My next door neighbour was pretty excited yesterday. He's an Eskies fan. Guess they really put to Saskatchewan the other night.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

*clearing throat here*.............Not that big a win did the Eskimos get over the Riders (we kept them on their toes until the last 90 seconds of the game).

AAAaaaaw....

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

ROTLMBO and :P :P :P :P :P :P (we are still ahead of the Bombers) ^_^

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Hi Pam, good to see you!
Laura

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hey Laura its so good to see you too! ^_^ How was your growing season this year?

I still seem to be stuck on weather and I can say so far the Riders have had unusually warm weather to play in when at home. We hit a high of 95 F the other day (and at this time of year we are extremely happy given the cool summer we had). The cockroach/death ridge over Texas blocked heat from heading northwards so our crops really needed what we are now receiving to ripen (and our football players and fans are now discovering what its like to be in an open stadium and actually be warm ;D ).

I'm also getting lots of long season tomatoes that have fully ripened on the vine (amazing since we had frost warnings til June 14th so I planted my veggies after that).

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hey Pam good to see you back.
I don't pay much attention to the Oilers and the Eskimos but our growing season is still going strong!!
Ann

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Not much of a summer here. I could have used A/C 3 or 4 times, that's it. Unusually cool. Could use a little global warming or at least WI warming. lol

Tomatoes are slowly ripening but we're running out of time.

Hey Laura, nice to see you too. Sounds about like our summer, but we finally got the heat for the last few weeks. Goes real well with the mosquitoes.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Ann it's great to see you again! I saw at the weathernetwork that Edmonton hit some amazing temperatures this summer (and had a few other amazing weather events as well). As did Calgary (that I'd better mention that before the Cowtown folks catch me out here). ;D

Laura I agree this summer was one we will remember for a loooooooooooooooong time (the summer that everything in our garden needed jackets........with a few warm day exceptions). However it gave us wonderfully cool nights to sleep and I treasured that gift.

Those skeeters are really nasty lately (this summer we hardly saw a one) but now, when I'd expect them to be dopey, they are little vampires instead (thankfully at least we know they aren't carrying West Nile). :D

And after spending the later part of the day in my yard I'm trying to ignore those lovely itchy welts I should have left alone. :S

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I was down at Bonnie's (defoecat) with Sheila (meezersfive) last weekend and killed a skeeter there. Did you know they are only half (barely) the size of northern skeeters? Is that unfair or what? They get warmer temps and half-size skeeters ...something wrong with that equation for sure!!! lol

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Hope we don't have to be able to speak football-ese to post here .... :-) Just want to welcome you back, Pam!

Sandy

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

There sure is Laura (re the size of mozzies way down there). I guess the northern ones have to put more weight (er size) on just like our other wildlife ie bears, raccoons, etc does to survive our cold (okay stretching it a bit here with the skeeters). Must admit ours lately are almost at the size though that makes one worry (DH says they are the ones that will overwinter in street drains etc).

Sandy I'm positive you will do fine in this thread (and thank you for the lovely welcome back...it's great to see you too again)......re football my football-ese is limited to a very few terms (touchdown is one of them) and I really only care about the end score (especially against the Bombers). The only game I watch with great intensity is the ones after they insult us and, of course, the Grey Cup (preferably with the Riders playing). however I'll make do with any Western team (sadly I have to do that often).

GO ROUGHRIDERS!!!!!!!!!! (and thank you Eskimos for the win on this weekend). ^_^

This message was edited Sep 27, 2009 1:16 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lilypon you're going to the dark side :O

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Not really Dahlianut.......the Riders beat the Eskies! :D

Quoting:
Roughriders win crucial game over Eskimos
Win puts Saskatchewan in tie with Calgary atop CFL West
Roughriders win crucial game over Eskimos
Win puts Saskatchewan in tie with Calgary atop CFL West

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

LMBO @ myself. I've been planting bulbous all weekend and not watching. No wonder DH is looking smirky ^_^

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yep that would do it! ;D

Hmmmm wonder why what I quoted was repeated twice (I could have sworn I had a paragraph under that (did it quickly during my coffee break).

BTW did you know that snow is in your short term forecast???

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lilypon that is the baddie weatherguy. I only look at the goodie weatherguy.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

dahlianut - you is one smart cookie!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Dahlianut I gotta find him cause my weather guy sure isn't full of joy right now.

BTW DH gots another text message from his boss........turns out his grandson arrived in Winnipeg wearing a Rider's green and white sweatshirt (the poor man is beside himself). DH keeps looking at his blackberry and is carefully measuring what his reply should be (ah the dangers of temptation).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.