Arizona gourd society newsletter

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I was contacted by Bonnie Gibson of the AZ gourd society and she was to do a feature on my work. I am so excited. I tried to get something going when I live in Tombstone but it just didn't happen, I guess everything in its own good time. Now that I am in Oregon they contact me. Go figure.
Will let you know when it come out.
Make a body feel good to know that someone is looking at your work.
Check out my new blog at http://jansgourds.blogspot.com
There are a few of my gourds on there.
Jan

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Better late than never! You deserve it, you do great work!

Nichole
^_^

Crossville, TN

I Have met Bonnie...a vey friendly person...and I love her books. I also subscribe to her (free) newsletter. Jo

FREE)newsletter...Jo

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I've been published.
Check it out if you get a chance

http://www.arizonagourds.com/Oct09.html>

I feel so honored that they wanted little ole me for their newsletter.
Jan

You can visit me at my blogsite
http://jansgourds.blogspot.com

This message was edited Sep 29, 2009 8:13 AM

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Fantastic! Congrats!

Crossville, TN

Jan...I am viviting a friend in Utah...but I received my newsletter today...AWESOME...and to think...I got to hold that beautiful African Gourd.....you are one great talent. Jo

Mesilla Park, NM

Congrats on the Newsletter, I did get to read it last year, but for the life of me could not find a way to contact you.

Great work you do Jan.

A.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, thank you. I see that you found me. I also have a blog that you can find me at.

http://jansgourds.blogspot.com

Please stop by and visit me there.
I haven't done alot with my gourds lately but I have good intentions. I am up to my eyeballs in a new lab puppy just now. She has put such a demand on all my waking hours not to mention my sleeping hours too, that I haven't been able to do alot of the things that I need to do. I do look forward to getting back to work on my White Buffalo of the Plains gourd as soon as I can get myself organized again.
In case you haven't seen her, here is a recent photo taken a couple of days ago.
Isn't she just the ugliest thing you ever saw. Just kidding of course. I have forgotten what a handful new puppies are to break of chewing and all the other goodies that go along with puppy hood.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Crossville, TN

Oh Jan...she is lovely. Jo

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

The puppy is absolutely gorgeous.
The gourds are nothing short of Fantastic.
Love them all.
Thanks for shareing.

Crossville, TN

Jan asked me about my new dog...Here is Prissy...she will never replace my Tessa, butt she has taken a big place in my heart...Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner

It helps the pain go away and not be so bad.
I still miss my old Horse. But I got my mule and
donkeys, so that helps the scar heal better.
Prissy is sweet.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jan, that lab puppy is grand..
I didn't find an email on your blog to contact you last year, I'll check it out agian.

Jo, that Prissy is just gorgeous. She looks like she already is a heartbreaker.
I'm sorry about Tessa.

ridesredmule, I love your name. I always wanted a horse and a donkey.. been thinking about getting one of those mini horses, but, my DH said he just knows that I'll want to bring him inside the house for the winter..lol

He's probably right.

That is what my DH says about my babies - so funny. There has been times, I love my Longears.
Thanks
You do some Fantastic work, Keep going!!!!

Mesilla Park, NM

I know this is a little off topic, but we have cow dairies here and sometimes the cows play with each other and nudge each other. They have feelings and I love watching them, they almost look like big dogs to me. They make eye contact and have feelings, I love animals. Sometimes I drive by there just to see if there are any new babies that day, I get to see them be born lots of times. It is amazing. Thank you.

But that is a wonderful thing to do. Watch animals. My Longears play ,run, eat
and fuss, just like people. they have a "pecking order" That big red mule, I have thinks he is the boss,
but the Donkeys girls know who rule. They do. Chickens do the same thing. Ever watch a hummingbird???
Oh, my gosh!!! they are amazing too.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

There is a restruant in Three Rivers, Calif that has over a dozen hummingbird feeds hanging along the windows. You can eat and watch the hummers feeding. And yes they can be territorial. Sometimes its like one picks its favorite feeder and defends it against others try to use it.

Mesilla Park, NM

Yes those little hummers are something, I get a couple of Rufus at the beginning of the season and at the end season when they pass through, and they seem to be more territorial than the Annas and Blackchinned.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Well all of my Beaded gourds are in a gallery now here in Toledo, OR. They are for sale as well as my beaded sword fish bill. Just a few pics to remind you of what they look like. I still haven't finished the White Buffalo. I know, I know, if I don't hurry up and finish it, my eyes will give out. lol.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Awesome! What are the list prices on them?

Crossville, TN

The elephaant one is still my favorite. Jo

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I still have him until he sells. I will never get what I was offered in AZ which was $20,000 but I was a fool to turn him down. I have him in a gallery here in Toledo for $5000. After 2 1/2 years worth of work I think its worth that much, but I dicker, hehehe

Decatur, GA

Good luck with your sale. Have you considered eBay or Itsy?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.