Tempo Two website is up for 2009-2010

Philadelphia, PA

and we're all in trouble. Look at those new intros

Try to pick just 3 favorites. It can't be done this year !!!

www.tempotwo.com.au

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Wow !!! Those are some fabulous looking iris.

I need to start making me wish list :)

Lebanon, OR

Well I am very lucky living really close to Keith Keppel to see them first hand as he receives them sometimes 3 years in advance to them being listed.

Several have seen first hand. I now have Adoree and Fashionesta (sp) and a couple more. The ones I WANT NOW (lol) are Royal something, Italian Master as I have seen the big picture from a friend..and feel I need those for my crosses in the near future.

D

South Hamilton, MA

I should look at SDBs but we are out of space until next yrs ISM iris sale--oh my

Raleigh, NC

oh oh oh dear me. you are right - I can't narrow it down to less than 10!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

oh bother -- why did you have to link it, now I've gotta have Boulevard Jazz, so I guess I'll leave a whole in the Music & Arts bed to await the one who will offer it stateside first! Maybe bonjon could coop tempo two and we could all split the phyto fees... LOL.

Raleigh, NC

that might work except for one thing - I understand a co-op has to be less than 25 choices, and less than 25 people participating......

now, who gets left out...?

and which ones do we leave out?

and keeping in mind he only offers full price for the new ones, $45 to $60 australian dollars.....

LOL

but you are right. the phyto C. has gone sky high on price.

Raleigh, NC

oh yes Royal Harlequin - looks like a cross between Enchanter and Hold My Hand!

Lebanon, OR

If interested I will be ordering from Barry and he does ship to me. No problem, so if several of you want to split the shipping and phyto but then you have to pay shipping from me to you. Just a thought, but will NOT do a co op just people that want to order with me.

I am waiting until I receive the catalog first to decide what I want first it should be out Barry said by end of Oct or before. Hopefully before so while I am stuck in the chair and grounded I will have something beside the quilt to do.

LOL

D

Cherryvale, KS

Last year was the first time that I ordered his catalog! And it really cost me alot of money! LOL I ordered 12 Blyth iris from Keppel! The new iris are wonderful! Happy Sunday BIF's! I really hate it when the frenzy begins, before this years iris are even in the ground! pic Babylon Queen Blyth 02

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Santa Ynez, CA

just when you think he can't top it, WOW and does he ever top it.........

Raleigh, NC

remember, he and Keppel share pollen and breeding seasons in the past. it's like they both have double the genetic material of other folks. that has been a pairing that has really moved the marker high for everyone else!

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh WOW ! I am a true Blyth iris lover !!!

Well Mit, I could not possibly choose ONLY 3 but I will give it a good try. Let's take a look at them now. I will say that I wish the pics were larger so I could see them better (maybe the colors are not correct to me) but based on what I can see I would say my...

#1 choice is Salome's Butterfly - if those falls are as thick and velvety purple as they look (like my Jamaica Me Crazy is velvety red ) It will be absolutely gorgeous !!!

#2 choice would (rather will )be Carnival Capers - what can I say I have been looking for a really nice yellow/purple combo and of coarse the yellow edges on the fall to top it off.

#3 choice is Lord of Mayfair - looks to me like a beautiful pink mauvish with possibly burgundy down the center of the fall. LOL, actually I really am not a pink fancier but this one really catches my eye.

Okay now all I have to do is wait for the catalog to verify if the colors are what I think.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

3?. Not possible. Barry and Keith are evil enablers. I am an evil enabled woman HAHA. Oh and I shall not change so don't try to help me.

Santa Ynez, CA

they make it really!!!!!!! really hard to down size when they keep coming up with more beauties.........I feel myself weakening ugh

Lebanon, OR

I already weaken!

Just hope I have the money come then or my CC will get really big LOL

D

Santa Ynez, CA

LOL

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, I just got home from a trip to Denver Botanic Gardens with the Rocky Mt. Forum where I spent way too much money on sedums and bulbs and a few other plants -- mostly xeric.
Now I see yet another way to spend a fortune on plants. Dee, please count me in on that joint order. At the moment, my favorites are:

Poster Girl
Lord of Mayfair
Candy Colors
Ancient Secrets
Hint of Danger

But I haven't had a chance to really look carefully and compare them to what is available from Keppel. I know Adoree and Fashionista are available in the US, so I will try to save money by ordering them from Keppel.

Dee, you are so lucky to get a sneak peek!

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009 11:48 AM

Raleigh, NC

BEFORE the economy went south, it was cheaper to order from Barry IF you were ordering in volumn. Because Aussie dollars were worth around 65 to 70 cents on the US dollar and Keppel keeps his Blyth iris prices up there. (smart man) Was buying them from Keppel anyway as I'd heard the acclimation process was a bit hard on them.

does anyone know now what the exchange rate is these days?

Raleigh, NC

ugh. just googled that info. it's up to 87 cents on the US dollar, so not a real savings there anymore when you add in the phyto C.

editted to add -

Emailed Barry Blythe when the question of co-op arose. he just responded that he encourages folks to order together on overseas shipments, as it saves $$ for us and packing work for him. he did say, however, he wants to know what each individual orders (wants separated orders) so he can include bonuses for each individual of a group, according to their purchases.

isn't he sweet?!!! he has got to be the gentlest man I've ever met.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009 2:42 PM

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

what a good way to do business...actually giving the customers what they want, too bad all businesses didn't run that way

Taylorsville, KY

If you do a group order, I want to be in on it!! I am totally awestruck by some of those flowers -- especially Lord of Mayfair and Hint of Danger.

Sue

South Hamilton, MA

A group of us have group ordered from Temp Two for years--some like me do medians, but one person does the TBs as she grows that class the best.

Philadelphia, PA

Ok here are my three

Samarkand Road
Candy colours
Lord of Mayfair

subject to change lol

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, my favorites are also subject to change. Every time I look I come up with new favorites!

Raleigh, NC

I'm going to wait and see what his catalogue says about which are good parents. He also said in his email it's due from the printers soon.

South Hamilton, MA

For a great parent, try Paul Black's 'Goldkist'. It is used by many top hybridizers.

Raleigh, NC

oh yes, Paul told me about that one a couple years ago

Gig Harbor, WA

If the selfs on Merry Amigo are truly white, then I love the crisp contrast with the blue falls that are edged, and I also am attracted to the color and ruffles of Flutterina. Dang voles, anyway. Now slug patrol seems like a breeze compared to this raging vole problem. I do so want to see my irises in their new flowerbeds instead of pots. I would be more apt to buy more iris, but until I get the voles under control, I think I shouldn't. Starting today I am going to focus on eradication, (but NOT with poisons), I may even come up with a new method I am so determined, while still using all of your suggestions, too. If I am successful, maybe there will be time still to order. Wish me luck.

Santa Ynez, CA

you really think one can pick only 3?????

Raleigh, NC

mismeow, you mean if the standards are white?

Kansas City, MO

1. Samarkand Road( great with Gypsy Lord and Undercurrent, oh my)
2. Candy Colours( What fun and sweetness!)
3. Apricot Already(would warm up anywhere it happens, looks edible)

Irisawe

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

As usual, his irises are all to die for!

It's important to keep in mind that group purchases may ONLY be conducted in our Co-op forum, with no exceptions. If you want to talk about this as a matter of determining whether there is interest in placing a group order, you can easily post an interest thread in that forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.