Fall Weddings

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

I went to a wedding last night and it was lovely. The ceremony was outside by the water, the sun was shining and the bride and groom were lucky enough to get have a perfect fall evening to remember forever.

Where was your favorite fall wedding?

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

My nephew was married last weekend in Akron, Ohio - at the Akron Zoo ! The ceremony was at 7pm, and the zoo was closed to the public. There were tables set on a patio, as well as tables and a buffet line inside the Komodo Dragon Building.

The patio was lit with Japanese lanterns, and the band played out there for dancing.

It was a beautiful, cool evening. The plants were gorgeous and the aroma was divine.

I especially enjoyed the informal atmosphere. It was the nicest wedding I have been to in a long time.

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

That sounds really wonderful.

When we were in Cleveland this spring they were setting up a wedding at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I thought that was the greatest location.

Sounds like Ohio has some great spots for weddings.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Those both sound lovely!
Hopefully the best fall Wedding i've ever been to will be next Sat. when my DD Tiffany gets married. ^_^

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yesterday was certainly ideal! I was at a nice one two years ago in October. Right along the Hudson as the foliage was in gear.

Good luck, Celeste!

Troy, NY(Zone 5b)

Mazel Tov

I hope she has a perfect day!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't think I ever attended a true fall wedding. Lots of spring and summer weddings and 3 winter ones.
Mine was Sept 2, 1989 so not officially fall yet, but it was a beautiul fall-like day. Then the next weekend the weather turned hotter, my parents went to a wedding at the same place where we held our reception and the a/c broke.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Mine was in Nov. 1987, and it was unusually warm.

edited to say it was in Ohio.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2009 7:38 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.