What is this on my iris

And yes I know it looks like Squidward's

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

A deformed seed pod, maybe?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I meant to say Squidward's head

South Hamilton, MA

yes on the deformed seed pod--probably will not have many seeds if any. A full pod doesn't usually look like that. The flower might have been stimulated by a passing insect, but wasn't ready to start seed formation.

Raleigh, NC

Squidward's head - well, that's what I'll call it from now on! LOL a squidard, whatever the heck that is. what a great sounding word!

they get like that on mine sometimes if they are not getting much rain as the pod forms.

someone told me it's also called a false prenancy - that right, irisMA?

South Hamilton, MA

right, may be a seed or two.

Squidward from Sponge Bob Square Pants....thats what my kids called it when I said was going to cut off

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Seedpod gone South??

Raleigh, NC

naw - seed pods gone Dixie way would be fat and sassy!

Didn't ya know, there are places in the south if you drink the water you end up pregnant with twins?^_^

This message was edited Sep 19, 2009 1:14 PM

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

OMG Don't drink the water signs needed. ( I am sure I am ay past that but some of you better heed the warning) LOL

If I were to get pregnant with twins it would definately have to be an act of God himself...my equipment is busted! One was all I gave birth to and that almost didn't happen...but ones enough....I'd rather be around for him than to have another and not be around for either one

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I think you will be ok then Trina and I bet he is a doll.

most of the time...but he's a little blonde haired blue eyed jiggilo in training

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

HAHAHA

he learned very young if you open the doors at wal mart for the little old ladies and say ladies first they give you things

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

He is pretty sharp. What a ladies man. Better keep the girls at bay as sounds like there may be a following.

the youngest of his step brothers but is a year older is brown haired brown eyed and just as bad!!!! What a pair those two make...oh and they both joined the cross country team "cuz girls dig athletes" of course the didn't say girls they called them prostitoddlers
how nice of our children to refer to young woman as that and then explained what it meant...and unfortunately they we right....but I still told them I didn't ever want to hear them say that again!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Good for you. They hear others say these things and repeat it as it is cool. The new generation uses the english language much too loosely and we need to all instill in them that it is not necessary to use a lot of them in everyday language.

exactly. the new generation is just flat out rude!

Raleigh, NC

I'd just like to know, when, in the women's lib movement, did we forget to be ladies and be treated well? it just amazes me that young boys, who turn into men, are NOT taught to respect women anymore. you hear the music lyrics, and they are all about disrespecting women to the nth degree! my ex was like that, and I didn't get it, but my entire family and all friends did and kept asking me "why?" he had zero respect for his own mom, too.

eventually I left and a few years later married one who respected his own mom VERY much and all women. growing up my son emulated him, so my son had girls standing in line waiting to be next - literally! their moms got together at a school function and told me so! they all knew he was cute as buttons, but they were amazed he was the shortest boy in the class.

but at age 14 my son went to live with his dad for two years and came back disrespectful of me and women. now he still has girlfriends, but they never last, and whereas he was getting the smart and cute ones before, now they all look, well, scanky to me. cannot figure out why men - and women - don't figure this out.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I see so many young unmarried girls getting pregnat around here it just blows me away. Things have become so acceptable by soceity it is terrible. I don;t think it was right the way they were punished years ago for getting pregnant but as always things swing to the opposite side instead of just a little.

what scares me is some of them talk about abortion like its birth control...I know thats a touchy subject and I am of two minds about it myself...what I personally believe and my public opinoin of it

Raleigh, NC

boy could you tell I'd lived an ivory tower existance.

my first pregnancy, age 26, I lived in a very Mormon area. in my ob/gyn's office, my first visit, were two girls couldn't be more than 13 years old at best, big time preggers, sitting there discussing their babysitting jobs after school.

my eyes bugged out to there.

I remember passing out in a women's gym at age 16. (asthma) some older woman, when I came to, asked me if I was pregnant. I replied, "no ma'am, I'm still in high school. I'm not married." what I didn't understand back then...

it's ridiculis (sp?) its like they are discussing clothes and makeup, like a baby is the new cool accessory or something

Raleigh, NC

ya know, we think this is all so new - it's not! on vacation we went to several historical sites. Cannot remember where, think it was Independence Hall in Philadelphia, but there an 18th century portrait of a wee little girl dressed up for all the world like a grown up member of the king's court! white wig, makeup, hoop skirts, low bodice, all of it.

I teach my kids trashy dress is not cool, its just cheap. and if they want to see what it's like to be treated cheaply, just dress that way. both our daughters are "very well endowed", both chose to cover that all up, no makeup and highwaisted jeans. Both have had mostly all very nice boys (respectful and kind) liking them. but they get a lot of leers, too. (they tend to kick those boys)

yeah my step daughter no one messes with because well with 4 older brothers she learned real quick like I did either learn to play football or you become the football...so she's pretty tough, but that doesn't make me worry about her any less when she leaves the house

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've locked this thread to all new replies. I've already had to mop up some unacceptable posts here and will finish cleaning it up, but everyone should step back and remember this is a G rated site. If you have to ask yourself if a post is acceptable here, it probably is not.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.