Roof photos today... or .......... Brugs Galore

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Well... these next few weeks are what it's all been about and for.. I'd say about a bit over 1/4 of them are blooming today.... some with full flushes. where I doubt there will be more flowers right away.. and some blooming out a few flowers.. with hopes of some flowers everynight for a month or more. I love both approaches to flowering..
I'm not 100 % positive .. but I believe this is Super Nova.. from Donna B..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Here's another view of this one.. showing a perfect plant.. never a yellow leaf.. tall and perfect.. the flowers are big.. and with a great pure white color.. I bet it has a flower till it's hit by a frost .. or comes inside.. If I could just get it to start in May with this behavior

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

and this is Doosie.. a great brug from Eddie Wayne .. just starting to get some color..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

This is Dark Rosella.. it hasn't been dark yet.. and it's the second year for it.. but I love it's color.. Last year it had 145 blooms.. this year about 1/2 of that.. and it was in the same place as before.. with better over all wather.. I guess it's partly due to mmy big seedling Brug next to it..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Aclose up of the color... one of my favorite... close to opalescent.. hardly dark though

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Kells Aborea.. growing with a rose friend..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh, to have a Scratch 'n' Sniff feature on my computer! Thanks for sharing your Brug photos. Gorgeous!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Simply irresistible!!

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Great shots and gorgeous Brugs Gordon, I’ll have to put Super Nova and Doosie on my want list for next year. The cutting of Dark Rosella you sent me last fall has some nice buds on her now so I’m hoping to see the bloom before frost; it was 43° here this morning.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

I sprout and grow out alot of seeds from some great growers.. this one is from Volker ..in Germany it's a seedling of Double Dark Rosella x Angels Flight.. which was crossed with Apricot Queen..
DDR + AF X AQ
unlimited possibilities.. a double/single / pink apricot
but its a white .. plenty of great large flowers.. a shrot stature plant and and t has great leaves... always perfect.. never yellowing or falling.. it's got every structural thing going for it.. but it's a white... but still an elegant beauty... with so much ressive a good canadate for a color cross..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Very beautiful indeed! I have some seeds going too..should have blooms next year : )

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

this one is Star Dancer X ? [ pod # 4 ] what do some of the other Star Dancer crosses look like.. there were alot of folksthat got this

This message was edited Sep 20, 2009 2:21 PM

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OK.. an OT picture... volunteers this year... up and growing outtogether ... every square foot.... another arrangement..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

There is just something about a volunteer plant that gladdens my heart and makes me feel optimistic. Lovely pictures, all.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Beautiful flowers, Gordon. The volunteer grouping is outstanding.

Tussee

A truly brilliant display of lovely volunteers Gordan!

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous! How tall are your Brugs?

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

They are all beautiful Gordon, but I love the pics of SuperNova and the blue flowering plant(what is that?), and the one of Doosie, with the passiflora. They just got added to my BIG wish list..LOL I am just starting with brugs, and I love seeing what campanion plants people are using with them.I am gonna have to snitch that blue and white idea. Hope ya don't mind.
DeeS

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

DeeS..well the blue one in that picture was one of my plumbagos.. they come inside forthewinter here.. andbloom some through the winter for me.. they really help thespirits then.. here's abunch of pictures
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=plumbago&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=KnC2SsuQCYyo8AbKi6XSDQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4
you also might like the Blue Butterfly Clerodendrum
Clerodendrum ugandense if you like the blues.. these look like blue butterflies.. got to send some off to you brenda..rag lady..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Molly.. Well.. I guess they go from 8 " for new cuttings to about 10 - 12 feet tall..you can't get your nose right in flowers much over 7' tall pulling down the limb..
Kim.. are you comming by... you'll have your choice of cuttings seeing them in flower.. and get your complementary beverage.. with the tour
Thanks Tussee and Peony..
OK.. this is Painted lady X Peanut... [ it's 4 ' tall :) ] By Gary ..
and Glory Be ... the honey Bees have returned.. I've seen more today than I have all year... they haven't been the same after they did the spraying [ don't worry.. it won't hurt anything.. we do it at night ] for the West Nile mosquitos..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

my favorite variegated one is usually Peach Parfait... which they tell me is AKA Maya.. it has great leaves..and lots of flowers... although not a peachey color as it has been.. it's more white now.. with a light cream hint

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Gordon they are are all so beautiful!! Those blue butterflies are crazy pretty! I will be in NY Oct 18th for a class at the FCI..mmm... ; }

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

OH.. Pink Perfection.. stufed skirts.. these don't seem to let down for me

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Ohside.. Kim .. it's getting onto being late in the year then... but they should alll be outside still... I can't say they will all be still blooming in a month.. oh that they were.. but remember what you're liking. and we'll get you some of it then.. do plan time for a visit.. we do have lighting .. IF the FCI is the financial center.. that's right downtown.. a 10 minute cab from me..
here's Salmom Perfection

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

French Culinary Institute...Gordon I never met a brug I did not love lol!! I will make time : )

Hamilton, OH

Gordon
everything looks so pretty, I hope you have another month, to see your georgeous Blooms, by the end of the month, I will have the basement ready for all mine to go in,

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Gordon, that Blue Butterfly Clerodendrum is sooooooo cool looking! I will be researching both of those...I do like blue flowers. I grow Heavenly Blue morning glories every year, just because I love the color.
DeeS

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

Wow! 10 - 12 feet is mighty tall. Are you sure you don't live in Texas? LOL :)

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Well...Molly.. Tatiana [ thanks Donna] is the tallest at over 10 ' to the soil.. but she's up in a planter so she seems taller .. photos when she blooms.. I am up 5 floors... so it's like she's growing at60' asfar as wind goes.. go girl.. and she's been restrained by a knot of morning glories at the top... I freeded her the other day ...so she'll feel better about continueing upward..
yes the french school is even closer than the other to me..I used to stop all the time till they closed their bakery.. where they would sell the students work...MMMMM..
well into the back 1/2 of the garden... there's Mountain Treasure..such a fave I have two

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Painted Lady X Peanut byGary... wih a knot of blooms to follow

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Gordon, talk about a whole new group of challenges! I cannot imagine living in the city, let alone gardening there. I'm just a little ole country gal..lol..well, not so little, but, anyway...do you have any pics that show your whole garden?I'll bet it's beautiful, and wonderfully fragrant!
DeeS

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Gordon, your pictures are fantastic. I really enjoyed the little finger walk through your garden.

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

I hope I can do as well with my Brugs as you have with yours. You are gifted. Thanks for the photos. :)

Watertown, NY

Oh be still my heart, I love the picture of the blue butterflies. I have been in love with them for years.

Every thing looks wonderful Gordon.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Gordon, I love the photos of your garden. All your hard work is paying now.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

So.. here he is...standing in front of the seedling.. the Axel Rodes cross from Fred...planted in March '09... still yet to flower... but with some beginning small buds..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Eupora, MS

Gordan,

Absoulately amazing..all photos..that last one will be something else when it blooms..can't wait to see a pic.

Carolyn (in Montevista)

Blackshear, GA

Gordan,
If you are 5 floors up, where do you keep all those, as they take up quite a bit of space.
Where do you 'winter' them? They are beautiful

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Gary, as usual your photos are awsome.. love them all.. my star dancer X? pods seedlings have not bloomed yet.. I can't wait to see them..
the Axel rose X seed you sent me is still growing here in Kansas

Brownstown, IN

Wonderful pictures!
Love the look of your Star Dancer X. mine has flowers pods on it
Just hopeing there`s enough time to see it bloom!
Thank you!
Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.