True Summerskies (Finally - Please examine pictures)

Birmingham, United Kingdom

***All these photos are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and OWN THESE PHOTOS and PERMISSION IS NOT GIVEN TO REPRODUCE IN ANY FORMAT I will be watching the internet and Ebay and report any offenders***

Here finally is true Summer Skies ex 1993 seed.

It was very slow to bloom but finally did so, another member here managed to get a variant with one single stripe which I hope will breed true.

I did mess about with a photo of Blue Star but here finally is Summer Skies.

I am worried about it setting seed so I planted it in a pot and there should be a few more blooms, I was a bit of a paparazzi.

I intend of getting some up close detailed shots, when I woke up this morning I was in a bit of shock, I had to get to work and I was in luck that it was still open when I got him.

************All these photos are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and OWN THESE PHOTOS and PERMISSION IS NOT GIVEN TO REPRODUCE IN ANY FORMAT I will be watching the internet and Ebay and report any offenders********

This is the first time I have actually sent a text to my wife and told everyone at work who did not quite understand the importance.

I had germinated the seed with baited breath as I have had a few streaks and speckles in the past but it has a shimmer like quality to it unlike anything I have ever seen in my life.

There is a glisten and a sparkle to it and I encourage you to look at this at high resolution and use any software you feel will detect this as a fake.

As much as I am loathed and despised I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT after waiting all ****** season and having a season of RAIN I HOLD the MORNING GLORY everyone has been after the coveted royal trophy of ipomoea tricolor.

I am going down in history as THE person who is growing it and who has STABILISED it.

There have been rumours of the fabled Mr. Morning Glory Man from the UK and that person is me.

I feel on top of the world, ecstatic, looking at that plant, it's corolla, everything about it is sheer magic.

I have wanted this so badly more than anything and the few seeds I managed to salvaged have given me this plant.

I have contacted a nursery in France who are giving me the necessary advise that this is a half hardy perennial and it will look awful over the winter but to keep it bone dry and use a fungicide and it will come back to life..

If this is a hoax or a prank this is very elaborate because there is NO way such an intricate image could be created or altered

All I have EVER put focus on was ipomoea tricolor and this was the hardest work I have ever done....I am celebrating..with a few cans of beer :P

***All these photos are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and OWN THESE PHOTOS and PERMISSION IS NOT GIVEN TO REPRODUCE IN ANY FORMAT I will be watching the internet and Ebay and report any offenders***

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 9:06 PM

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

And another...

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 9:06 PM

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

Another for you to examine under a microscope

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 9:07 PM

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

...and just in case these photos turn up somewhere they are not meant to I have lots of proof they are mine including photos of the flower next to my name, address, and photos of me and my family in front the plant and various complex backgrounds

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

and here you can compare it to normal blue

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

For close inspection

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

Back

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

For comparison with dilute blue star which is more white and lacks shimmer

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

Post a Reply to this Thread