Seedling from 'Alligator'

Shreveport, LA

Never posted before but thought you'd want to see my new seedling. It popped up next to where Alligator was last year- between the bricks. Didn't like Alligator- color wasn't very interesting but I did like the heavy texture and the scalloped leaves. This one has both the texture and scallops but the color is beautiful I think. It could be a cross since there were many different coleus but I really think it looks too much like Alligator. Frank

Thumbnail by Frank1965
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Frank,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice change seedling....it is a keeper.

I had several chance seedlings show up around the garden, only two were keepers. Here is one that is vaguely similar to yours, nice curly leaves>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Stockholm, Sweden

Both are very, very pretty!!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Frank, that is gorgeous. I hope you can winter it over.

Dale, yours is so pretty too!

I just love coleus!

Shreveport, LA

Dale- I'd be excited if that popped up too! love the curly leaves. I guess that's why I love coleus so much- you never know what you will get. This is pic of my deck.

Thumbnail by Frank1965
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Here is the other seedling with a more common leaf shape, but, an excellent color>

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Here is my 'garden'. It doesn't look like this photo anymore. I have been selling off the stock plants I had.

This will probably be the last weekend for my 'garage sale'. Selection is getting low and I am tired of going out there (18 miles one way).

Just depends on how much I sell.....

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Too sad. Will you be taking any plants or cuttings with you?

Good luck, Dale.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Dale, your so pretty one http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7078881 reminds me of this one, just a different color. And much better. LOL

Thumbnail by Kell
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Kell,

Chance seedling #2 is very bright.

I think this may be the Daddy>

This message was edited Sep 19, 2009 4:31 AM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I love that one too!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.