Raku kiln progress...

Ashland City, TN

I finally bought the ceramic fiber blanket for the inside of my raku kiln that I am building. I have a book on "how to". Instead of using the lathe wire - that I can't find at Lowes anyway - I found a site (to go along with my book) that tells you how to build a raku kiln out of a 55 gallon drum - with the fiber blanket of course to line the inside. I'll take photos as I go along. And of course - now that I am ready to start the building process I had to go to the good ol' doc and he gave me a cortazone (mispelled) shot in my right shoulder ....so I can't do anything for 3 days...gggrrrr. BUT if the shot works...NO SURGERY!! And who has time for surgery anyway?

yeeeehaaa...saved by the bell...the guy with the back hoe is here to dig out my new pond site...I guess I can stand around giving orders for the next three hours:) Almost as good as building a kiln...almost...

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!