My Morning Glory Adventures continued.... September Blooms

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1032969/#new

New grow outs for Fall.... the pink and blue and purple and crimson I. Purps are now climbing high in the trees and shrubs.
Lobata is eating the fence on the north east end. Setosa has rambled East while Messina Creeper has creeped West, two distinct different vines, both with beautiful purple lavender blooms.
Miko no Mai is still roaming the tomatoe patch, but she has thrown a different bloom.. very big like the others, but very light pale pink instead of the vivid bright hot pink..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I also have the Pale Blue large bloom on the south east Gate throwing a Show every now and then..it is growing on the gate in the corner, there is alot of shade, but this gate faces East and so the blooms are visible from the front yard, and so.. I miss seeing them alot..
I know they have been blooming , there are pods on this vine. It is mixed in with tomatoe vines, four o clock and i. batata in a basket, and has rambled from that basket to the gate for the Sun I am sure..

Thumbnail by joeswife

The star of India is still blooming, but it is too tall up to photo shoot.. as is the shibouri..
Here is the Crimson Rambler and lobata and i. purps out front off the porch north end..

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

The new transition of your Miko no Mai is really pretty! I like it a lot!

And the next one following it is really pretty, too! What is it? It looks a little like Blue Silk but not quite.

I bet you are glad to finally be home and enjoying your garden and all the new plants and blooms! :-)

Becky, I was hoping you would tell me what that blue one up there is.. LOL
This I. Purp is in the pear tree..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra - The blue one has the colors of Blue Silk http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/77673/ but the star pattern is throwing me off. Maybe it is a cross of Blue Silk, perhaps? Any idea what it was labeled?

I planted Blue silk and mutant blue needle something.. in that basket anyway..
have lots of other blooms going too..
IOCHROMA

Thumbnail by joeswife

wrong picture, I am tired.. sorry.. that is the southeast wing garden.. here is the Iochroma

Thumbnail by joeswife
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Very pretty Debra. It does look like a Blue Silk or a cross.

the pink hige has blended in with the small pink I. purpurea, the shibouris have taken over the pole on the north side of the patio... here is a view looking south of my patio heaven..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this used to be a potatoe patch on the north end , and a green bean patch on the south end, with a walk way thru between the house garden and the vege garden.. I threw down alot of seeds as soon as I saw free soil..this picture was this am before I went to work, and before the windy rain, and after I cut back the four o clocks against the house that were trying to reach the roof..there are branches everywhere, fallen from the house south of me, and I used those branches to grow vines on..

Thumbnail by joeswife

this is a shot of one part of the front garden in front of the morning glories on the south end of the front porch..

Thumbnail by joeswife

My I. Carnea from Lazlo

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Pretty flowers and plants Debra. I like it a lot. Part of my backyard looks like yours with a slim walkway that my grown kids complain about.

Debra - Love your backyard jungle! THAT is what I call "gardening"!!!! You must have 8 green fingers and 2 green thumbs along with some green toes! It all looks awesome!! :-)

i've really enjoyed reading your threads Debra... this bloom is wonderful:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7061298

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

It has been said that Kansas is boring to drive thru, but it sure has some of the richest soil for planting!!! ((if ya'll haven't guessed...I am from Kansas))

Well, December is almoost over and I am starting some morning glories inside, so instead of hijacking others threads for my personal adventures and comments I will use this thread.. starting with this: LAST NIGHT..Just finished making doggie bones, ( turkey) English Toffee and white choc macadamia nut cookies. Only 7 more kinds of things to make and I will have all my cookie and candy basket fillings done. ..
wish I was around smaller children these days.. I so enjoy them..the kids next door to the north were due in Novemeber, and I havn't been able to go see if they have a little girl over there yet. I am taking the two dogs their Christmas bones and the kids their Goodie basket and something pink just in case they had their baby. I sure hope nothing went wrong since I havn't seen hide nor hair of them yet..I have made Brittany a little gardeners helper apron and am getting her a little basket with a handle and filled with a trowel and some gloves and seeds and seed balls I have made, she is the little girl to the south of me that helped me this summer.. do u think that is an okay idea? ( for Christmas, you know)
Convolvulus wild in Buffalo NY.. have a friend up there that got me the seeds from this vine and she is sending them to me.

Thumbnail by joeswife

November was a fast moving month.. with cuttings and seeds coming in from everyone, and me mailing out to everyone.. Thanksgiving did give me a few blooms inside..

Thumbnail by joeswife

The winter is here now, I anxiousy await the vines that I am growing for fun inside..

on to the new thread... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/pf.php

DG Ornament Swap 2008 Angel.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.