(Pebble) Pebble Jackson

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Pebble Jackson, known throughout DG as Pebble, passed away September 13, 2009.

Pebble was one of the oldest active members here at DG. She signed up Jan. 8, 2001. There were less than 500 members in our community at the time.

Jackson, Pebble 50 06/18/1959 09/13/2009 Pebble was born in Istanbul, Turkey She was a trader for Patrick Lumber Pebble is survived by her son, Alex Caglar; and daughter, Michelle Caglar. No service will be held. Arrange-ments by Cascadia Cremation & Burial Services, Vancouver.

We are so sorry for the loss of one of our long-time members.

This is a picture taken on Pebbles 50th birthday in June, courtesy of her friend vic.
On the left is her daughter Michelle, Pebble, her nephew, and on the right is her son Alex.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009 11:06 AM

Thumbnail by Joan
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

We will all miss her.I always enjoyed her posts a lot.. So interesting... Thoughts and prayers for her family..

Larkie

Sedalia, MO

I will miss her great post and recipes, she was always so full of life.
She went through alot of trials this last year, she is now home with the Father. Prayers for her family. Pebbles you are missed.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2009 6:32 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

After enjoying Pebble's tales for years it was a joy to finally met and talk with her on the Health Forum.
Such courage and determination, such an upbeat and humorous attitude.

To her Family:
Know she was adored here. Wear your scarves proudly!

Ric

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

My, my... so sorry to hear although unfortunately it looked probable.

I really liked pebble a lot... who else will I be able to talk to about the nuances of olive oil?

Big hugs to her family; she talked so much about Alex that I almost feel like I know him.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Pebble was the first DGer I met in person, she was one of the very first from the PNW. I just saw her this spring and she was such a sweet character. We will miss her on Healthy Living but now she enjoys complete health more than any of us. God rest her soul. Prayers for her family. Joann

Pebble had such a wonderful spirit. I just loved to talk to her ... so full of knowledge and full of grace and charm. I have several of her recipes I love, and will remember her fondly every time we have them. She will be missed. Prayers are being sent to her family tonight.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I am so saddened to hear of another one of my DG friends passing on. I have known Pepple since she came to DG and have enjoyed her posting on many subjects. We all missed her when she moved to Turkey, but we got to experience that countries lifestyle and foods.
My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time.

Rest in peace Pebble.
Donna

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Pebble was my first "secret trade", here on DG, many years ago...

Larkie

Good Morning to all friends of Pebble.

When Pebble's sister called yesterday to tell me she had passed away, she asked me to convey the following:

"Please thank everyone at Dave's Garden for their prayers, kindness, generosity, gifts, and all the joy that all of you brought to Pebble."

I assured her that Pebble brought joy to everyone's life that she touched.

vic

edited for spelling

This message was edited Sep 14, 2009 7:21 AM

Crossville, TN

I know that Pebble is now "Home"...and pain free...but we will miss her terribly. Jo

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

my condolences to pebbles family.

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

vic - thanks for letting me know. In fact, yesterday, I was going through some old pictures on my computer and looked at one of her from when I visited her in Turkey. She was gracious enough to let me visit her and her family for several days in Bodrum when I was traveling in Turkey. So much fun and laughter - and the world is poorer for the loss of her bright soul. I always admired her for her sense of life and spirit - she was truly magnetic. I am glad she had so many friends and family to ease her through this - pebble, I know it's been quite a while since we've talked, but I hope you have comfort. My most healing thoughts for her family. ~Sandra

This message was edited Sep 14, 2009 12:36 PM

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Prayers for strength for Pebbles family and Joy for you dear Pebbles. Rejoice all for Pebbles is now home... Blessings.....

Louisville, KY

This has been a long and difficult Journey for our dear Pebble and her Family and Friends here at Dave's Garden. The outpouring of every one's love and support and prayers for her is evident in how much she was loved by so many. What news received on her condition gave us hope that she would be able to recover from this dreaded disease. May she now be at peace and find family and good companions to welcome her into the next Journey. She is at rest now and her spirit will linger in our hearts that we may be just as strong and determined when we come to the end of our own Journey. Let this truth guide our lives to be more loving/caring to one another in all that we do.

My heart goes out to each you in your time of sorrow and to Pebble’s Family. May a kind word, a reassuring touch, and a warm smile be yours every day of your life, and may you give these gifts as well as receive them. Remember, those whose lives you have touched and whose have touched yours are always a part of you, At times like this it is difficult to find the words which bring meaning and comfort. I trust that this poem will bring you peace, comfort and strength.

Those we love are never really lost to us--
we feel them in so many special ways--
through friends they always cared about
and dreams they left behind,
in beauty that they added to our days...
in words of wisdom we still carry with us
and memories that never will be gone...
Those we love
are never really lost to us--
for everywhere their special love lives on

We shall miss Pebble but have wonderful memories from the first time we met knowing that she was our “gift” from God and it was meant to be! God has been using her for His purpose, leading her and holding her heart and hand all the way.
As Long As You Can Hold Some One In Your Heart, You Can Never Loose Them

He Leadeth Me

In pastures green? Not always; sometimes He
Who knoweth best, in kindess leadeth me
In many ways where heavy shadows be.
Out of the sunshine warm and soft and bright -
Out of the sunshine into the darkest night,
I oft would faint with sorrow and affright,
Only for this – I know He holds my hand;
So whether in the green or desert land
I trust although I may not understand.
And by still waters? No, not always so;
Ofttimes the heavy tempests round me blow,
And o’er my soul the waters and billows go.
But when the storms beat loudest and I cry
Aloud for help, the Master standeth by
And whispers to my soul, “Lo, it is I.”
Above the tempest wild I hear Him say,
“Beyond this darkness lies a perfect day.
In every path of thine I lead the way.”
So whether on the hilltops high and fair
I dwell, or in the sunless valleys where
The shadows lie – what matters? He is there.
So where He leads me, I can safely go,
And in the blest hereafter I shall know
Why, in His wisdom, He hath led me so.
– Rev. John F. Chaplain

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm saddened to hear this, and my prayers will continue for her loved ones.

Here is a picture of Pebble and her sister. She said her sister was a saint in taking care of her.

Thumbnail by vic
Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Pebble, you will be missed. I pray that you are i Heaven sharing your unique wit and being fitted for your wings/11

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

What a great pic, Vic. She was so happy on that day!

Sorry to hear of her "moving on" but I'm happy to know that she is now out of harms way.

Pebble shared a few great recipes with me...I sure am glad we had that rapport. And now those recipes really have extra meaning to them, not just good eating!

Am thinking of Pebble today. And, just as importantly, thinking of her Family, sending them wishes and prayers of strength.

Shoe

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i am so sorry to hear Pebble left us. i am so sad, but glad in a way cuz she is free from all her sufferings and pain.

Pebble and i go a long way ... from sharing our problems including recipes we exchange thru the years. whenever Pebble travels, she pop in d-mail or email inquiring about certain "new" ingredients to her during her travel, specially her trip to far east asia. Pebble and i share exploring and learning food from other countries. Pebble is more than a friend, more like a sister from far away land.

i know how bad it is to feel losing a love one. i lost my father last month... my condolence to Pebble's family, my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Pebble, i know u are freed from all the pains. u are now safe in the hands of God! i will miss u terribly Dearest Pebble.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't know Pebble, but want to thank her and others that were the first members of this beautiful family we call Dave's Garden. May her family take comfort from her friends' words.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So very very sorry for her family and friends.,prayers of comfort. Another angel arrived in Heaven... She had a wonderful smile..

we know sometimes not much hope,or as Daris said proable, but we must always keep our hope and faith with him, i know she did. And we have a Miracle Father..

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

I met Pebble 7 years ago when I was out that way for son Dan's wedding. She cooked a delicious brunch for me, daughter Susie, and son Dave. She was so gracious, a great cook, and had an artistic mind.

She reminded me of a person who lived life to the fullest. Although it is sad that her life on earth is over, I'm glad for her that she has entered eternal life.

May God bless her family.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

How very sad. Huggs to her family.

i loved her recipes she always shared. They were always so good. She was full of fun and laughter on the threads . She added a sparkle in our lives . :)
She will be missed and always remembered .

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

She was my first secret trade here on DG and we also conversed several times over plants that she had to find homes for before she left for Turkey. I never managed to get over to see her before she left but will always remember her kindness.

I will be praying for her family and beloved friends.
Lani

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

My thoughts and prayers for her family. Pebbles will be greatly missed by the DG community.
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Prayers and love to all of Pebbles family.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm so sad to read of her passing. My sympathies go out to her family along with my prayers.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, no! :( We are in Kentucky and I fell behind on threads. I didn't learn of Pebble's death until just tonight, when Countrygardens told Howie and me. I loved Pebble's honesty and directness. For many years, we kept in touch through the Healthy Living threads, and most recently on Facebook, too. I am going to miss my friend! My love and prayers go out for her family and friends.

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

I am just now reading this. I am so sad about this. She was such a kind hearted person. We used to talk about how she couldn't always find the herbs and ingredients we talked about in recipes and so we talk of ways to improvise. She was a wonderful cook, a good wife, mother and friend. She will be dearly missed.

What an infectious smile in her pictures, she always seemed to be smiling.

Prayers going out to her family and friends.
Kathy

Louisville, KY

Thank You Larkie. I am a member of Facebook and have posted there this morning.
Gary

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Your welcome!

I thought it was (is) a very nice tribute.. She had many friends.

Larkie

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Through my tears, through all the 8 years I;ve known Pebble, she has always been, and will always be one of my true kindred spirits here on DG and in the whole world. This multifaceted lady left a giant hole...one that will never be completely refilled. My love and condolences to her family....God has her in his loving arms now, and you can just bet she's basking in the knowlege of all the anwers to life's unanswered questions...but, she is free...and she is still loved, as always.

"eyes"

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, I just found out. It was always a good thing to have pebble on the recipe forum. She has a smile that makes you feel good. I see that her son has that same smile!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm so very sorry for her family's loss. We will definitely miss her!!!

Verona, ON

Remember to drink your waters ladies!!!!!! My goodness if that is not Pebble's refrain , I don't know whose it is. This delightfuly spunky lady made me laugh at times when I thought the sun was never going to shine again. Do you all remember her aerial shots of the baby birds hatching waaaaay back in 2003 I think?
There is 1 less star shinning tonight up in that vast sky of ours and it was a particularlly brilliant shining star. Pebble's son and daughter you were so fortunate to have had such a spirited lady as your mother. May her spirit live on in both of you.
To Pebble's family my sincerest sympathies. You have all been blessed with the presence of a marvelous lady in your ife. Please treasure her memories and keep them alive.
Dianne

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

I check this forum every now and then and I just stumbled on this tonight. I'm so sad to hear this. I didn't even know Pebble had been ill. I too am from the early days of DG and was lucky enough to meet Pebble in person. We met at a local Home and Garden Show along with a few other DGer's back in 2001, I think it was. Pebble was the kind of person you felt completely comfortable with from the start. She was so warm and friendly. I liked her immediantly.
I remember she invited me over to her beautiful home after the garden show. She gave me a lot of starts from her beautiful plants that day. I still have those plants. She was such a lovely person. She will be missed. My thoughts are with her family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Joy

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

When somebody dies, a cloud turns into an angel, and flies up to tell God to put another flower on a pillow.
A bird gives the message back to the world, and sings a silent prayer that makes the rain cry.
People disappear, but they never really go away.
The spirits up there put the sun to bed, wake up the grass, and spin the earth in dizzy circles.
Sometimes you can see them dancing in a cloud during the day-time, when they're supposed to be sleeping.
They paint the rainbows and also the sunsets and make waves splash and tug at the tide.
They toss shooting stars and listen to wishes.
And when they sing wind-songs, they whisper to us, don't miss me too much.
The view is nice and I'm doing just fine.

-Ashley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.