How difficult is it to grow a clematis n the house?

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

My Hubby just loves the Jackmanii Clematis and he says he use to have one growing here in the kitchen from a hanging pot and he had it strung across the ceiling... Don't ask about it's demise, it was violent and unnessecary, I am trying to recreate that for him but I don't know anything about them..can you help me?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I personally don't recommend growing clematis in the house..Would you grow a rose bush in the house?..they both have similar needs. Even if you attempt to grow one in a hanging basket..they eventually must be planted into the garden because the roots get huge and a hanging basket can't accomodate those roots...Jeanne

he's done it before....I don't know how that's why I asked....but yes I do have roses I am growing in the house

Appleton, WI

I haven't tried it yet, but I'd like to at least once.

This might be helpfu.

http://www.raymondevisonclematis.com/main/guidesIndoor.asp

thank you...I definately intend to put some cuttings of it out in spring though! I have a very ugly fence I want to cover up

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, how big was that hanging pot? Sounds intriguing though...

the kids all say it covered most of the kitchen ceiling with vines and flowers...so I am going to try to reapeat it...I will start keeping a journal on it so everyone can see how it does....now I know the jasmine likes, I just started that in the house too, along with 2 passionflowers

noteto self and anyone else whos wondering....growing them in the house....use HEAVY fishing line for the runners as the plant breaks everything else from the weight of it!

same goes for the passionflowers too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.