mimosa ?

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

In early spring I took a tiny plant that was growing in my flower bed and potted it up to see what it would become, well I do believe its a mimosa tree of some sort :>) How can I over winter it? Will it survive in a cool spot in my apartment? If I leave it outside in the pot, the pot will crack. Any advice for me.. Thanks
Christine

Thumbnail by jasminesmom
Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

I wouldn't think mimosa would overwinter in your area. It almost looks like a fern of some sort, but I'm no expert. If it's mimosa, please kill it. Now, I shouldn't be so vicious - I'm really a kind, gentle gardener, but not with mimosa. They are such a nuisance in our area. Enjoy your plant - it only belongs to you. I wish you well in determining what it is.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It doesn't look like a mimosa tree (Albizia) seedling to me. I'm not sure what it is though.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

It will be interesting to find out what it is then :>) Thanks for your input
Christine

Toronto, ON(Zone 6b)

I think it might be a locust seedling. Robb

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Looks like it could be some sort of senna to me. I've grown a couple that looked like as seedlings. I'm not very good at IDing leaves BTW. Put it on the ID forum.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Gleditsia seedlings look like yours.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I googled all your thoughts on what it might be and none of them look like the mother tree,so I did post in on the id thread. Thanks so much
Christine

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Its Honey Locust, Thanks everyone
Christine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.