Aloha...'she's back'

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Hey chums, howsit? Been kinda absent lately...and I have been missing you all!! Just a lot of stuff going on...all good.

Can anyone ID this little gem I found in my shadehouse? Is it a Malva? Palest blue/lavender...really very small. I haven't a clue where it came from!!! The pale color extends from the throat out on the petals...which doesn't show up much on this thumbnail.

Thanks!

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hi alohaHoya! as far as i know, we are all doing good.
What a beautiful flower! i don't know what it is, but i just had to comment on how pretty it is. it certainly is a gem!
Isaac

Keaau, HI

Maybe a Gesneriad. Such as a Sinningia.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Was thinking that too. Think I shall just sit back and watch her grow!

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Hey Dave, I thought Sinningia was in the gloxina family. Or is there a G sinningia also?

Well, I just discovered that they are now considered Gesneriads....fancy that, another name change....grin. I did find this absolutely beautiful image gallery you both might like.

http://www.gesneriads.ca/

This message was edited Sep 13, 2009 12:54 AM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I was thinking it was gesneriad too. I didn't know you liked those Carol. I have a couple of them I obtained through trades this summer.

How was your visit with Wayne? I Haven't talked to him yet.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Had a great visit ...I think we are going to do some swaps! Have a number of things he and Bobby would like and I can grow owt stuff.

How was your trip?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's good! Yes, I know you have lots of stuff he would like! lol. Glad you had a good visit. I ran into Bob at work the other day and got the elevator briefing. I missed my happy hour with Wayne tonight, so may be catch up tomorrow.

Trip was great!! was dicey getting to Seattle, it's even more difficult to get to than Hawaii even with my 24 years of seniority.
Rained a couple days in Seattle reminding me of my fortune of wintering here. Victoria was stunning, has really grown and they've finally caught up with the gouge tourist prices, but still very worth the visit. Dad brought a lap top so I blogged in the Chronicle while there..here are some pictures.
Butchart Gardens
http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=rjudd&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=rjudd&plckPostId=Blog%3arjuddPost%3a703dcb13-8b14-43ba-bc00-6be536457ac4&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Victoria
http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=rjudd&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=rjudd&plckPostId=Blog%3arjuddPost%3a068f521d-2f69-484f-92de-8ae4a4302a87&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

And my Moms (stepmom) garden in Seattle
Tangletown
http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=rjudd&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=rjudd&plckPostId=Blog%3arjuddPost%3aba88aa62-b742-4c97-b031-1018b4a7b53f&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Beautiful rj.

Hap

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

it is! but it will be very cold in 3 weeks..

Carol, here is the gesneriad or however u spell it.. at least I think that's what it is.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Keaau, HI

Hey Randy, is that an Achimenes grandiflora, Orchid Pansy.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

A big welcome back to both of you! Been missing you Carol! But glad to hear that your absense was all good. You are really becoming THE attraction of the Big Island!

Randy - soooo glad you had a good trip. Beautiful!!! Sorry to hear about the prices though...I spose that is going to be the case everywhere. This economy has really hurt tourism. My friend in Bali hasn't had any bookings in weeks, and nothing more to come for the next four weeks! His family is hurting...may have to find a different job. Which would really be a shame, because he is soooooo good at what he does. Ahhhhh durn economy!!!

Yokwe,
Shari

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha you guys ^_^

Randy, your Mom's garden is delightful - please tell her how much I enjoyed the tour.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I sure will!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.