Cottage Community of 55 plus

Rockport, ME(Zone 5b)

My ideal retirement circumstance would be to own a little cottage, no more than 1500 square feet, and probably much smaller than that, on about 1/4 acre or less. It would have to have a garage and a woodstove. And then put that in a 55 plus community where everyone had the same idea as me that it would be heavenly to have quiet, considerate neighbors, and garden in my own little yard. Why don't developers create more of those??? Of course, I do know the answer to that, they make more money building more dense condo type communities. I just know I'd miss gardening, and having my own piece of land, so I don't really want to live in a condo. But I would also really love to have neighbors my own age, not inconsiderate loud 20-somethings. My income isn't very high, so I can only afford cheap neighborhoods, and that's what you get unfortunately.

This thread has 50 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!