Native plants

Bailey, CO(Zone 4b)

I am totally re-doing my back yard and want to use native plants as much as possible. Can someone point me to good information sources and also reputable native plant sellers in SE Michigan? Thanks! Sue

Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

If you go to the Garden watchdog site they list the top 30 companies to order from and they all have websites. I've also gotten great stuff for good prices from the classified ad's and the other site that gardeners can sell to each other from . Everytime I've had questions, the vendors have been very helpful. Look at the feedback on ther vendors and you'll know who you are buying from.

Northern, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi Skalte,
I was going to do the same thing at one point. Go here to read about the 1,800 native plants that Michigan has.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10370_12142-36698--,00.html

And go here and search the site. These guys record and have the largest database for Michigan species of anything.
I dated a girl that believe it or not counted frogs by recording them and using special equipment could tell how many there were from the density of the recordings. or something like that. we didn't go together too long. She was whacked.

http://www.msue.msu.edu/portal/default.cfm?pageset_id=355815&page_id=355817&msue_portal_id=25643

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

maybe counting frogs did that to her ??? ;0)
Gloria

Northern, MI(Zone 6a)

That's what I was thinking Gloria.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Maybe she was waiting for the big one to kiss and turn into a Prince. :)

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Ask your MSU extension agent or soil Conservation group about native Michigan Flowers. Our local Soil group has a wildflower sale each year. Very resonable prices for decent one year plants.

Dearborn, MI

There was a guy who sold Michigan wildflowers at the Ann Arbor farmers market. Don't know if he still does, but maybe someone in the area knows. If you want seeds, Everwilde seeds and Diane's Flower seeds have extensive offerings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.