The most dangerous phrase in the English language...

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

...may well be "Stein's store wide sale".

Don't ask.

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, very dangerous indeed!

Appleton, WI

Come on.... tell.

I don't dare go. They had several clematis I wanted, but still have 13 to get into the ground.

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Lessee...gallon sized perennials including hardy geraniums, golden creeping jenny (big draping one), catnip, epimedium, 4" perennials for a dollar-something including a couple ferns, dwarf sea thrift, Irish moss, a few ornamental grasses, a "blue bush" clematis- the receipt says "caerulea", which I think is coerulea, for $10.50, a really nice buttercup bush trained into a 5' tree form (tropicals 90% off) which will have to winter in the garage, a few house plants, a bag of espoma slug and bug granules and a hand spreader, a way cool set of paddle shaped drill bits to dig holes, on and on...

Leave all credit cards at home.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh No! Say it ain't so! Yes, very dangerous!

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I know that I shouldn't ask.....but....Where is Stein's?

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Stein Gardens and Gifts-checking the site, they are all in a line along SE WI from Kenosha up to Green Bay. They have great native plants, good prices and I don't have to worry about hardening things off. I love the clem I got on sale, it's a Monrovia (ooh-la-la) and had already bloomed so it's covered in cute little white puffballs now.

You are probably far enough away to be safe ;)

edit: whoops, I was thinking of the wrong clem, the "Monrovia" I got at Steins is a cute little bushy one with blue flowers and "whirlygig" pods. THe puffy one is the nearby My Angel.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2009 6:18 PM

, WI

Love Steins congrats

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.