Happy 1 yr Birthday Worms!

Collierville, TN(Zone 7b)

I got started with red worms last Aug 08 from the local worm farm, when the owner of the farm met me in a nearby gas station and we made the worm deal in the parking lot. Cash for worms convieniently delivered to your neighborhood -not bad. Glad the transaction did not catch the attention of the cops.

I keep these worms in a room off my garage where the temp ranges from about 45-85 year round. The floor is cement so I keep the plastic bin on a insulating board. These worms have produced some good compost -no doubt about it.

I need to learn more about casting economy. That is -I'm using the compost pretty much as potting soil.

The bin did get a little stinky this past May. It seems I was tossing in coffee filter and grounds daily without adding extra carbon paper/cardboard bedding. The water from the coffee grounds and filter
was a bit excessive. I was getting some anerobic de-combustion which was not too good, so i added paper and cardboard to absorb and balance -now the smell is gone. I'm getting ready to harvest for the Fall growing season, but I really don't know how many worms are in there, they are all over the place though, you can see a lot of worms in there -but i just see the worms on top. I do have a copy of "Worms eat my garbage".

thanks,
rs

Happy First B'day RS! Haven't made it there yet. Still have to go through the winter. It's fun isn't it. :)

EeeeeeYewwww LOL

Thumbnail by

OH!!!

Thumbnail by

Ahhhhhhh! LOL Here's to your success!

Thumbnail by

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.