CLOSED: FREE for the monarchs

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

A favorite food of monarch butterflies:

I will send one whole pod of Asclepias tuberosa seed to the first 27 people who send a SASE to

"Nilly"
P. O. Box 42320
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Please mark the envelope to remind me what I'm to send you!

And if you have any seed for Asclepias curassavica (I have a few but need more) or Asclepias incarnata, maybe you could include a few of those for me?

Thumbnail by nilly
Sarasota, FL

see no replys posted ..anything left ? 80 views

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I was thinking the same thing - lol. Would love to have some if still available.

Kelly

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I think they all thought like me.. first 27? I'd be wasting a good SASE if I sent one now LOL

I hope Nilly posts how many envelopes were received and what was done with them all :)

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Heavens!
I've only received 1 envelope so far, so get cracking!

I only chose 27 because I was sure I could provide that many, but I'll keep on sending until I actually run out.

I love to be Johnny Appleseed with these!

Sarasota, FL

well subtract one sase on way

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

subtract another one :) Mine is on the way too!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Mine is on the way as well! Thanks!

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Is there any left? I would love to have some. If there is I'll get my envelope on its way. Susan

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Nilly, will send my envy today! Please subtract 1 more! Thanks!

Janice~ Gulf Coast, MS(Zone 9a)

Oh would love to have. :-) I will send out SASE on Monday.. The mail has already run for today.. Fingers crossed you still have seeds.. :-)

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

I'll send the stamp not yet attached to the envelope, so you can use the stamp for something else if there's none left when it gets there.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Glad I found you in time. Thanks for your generosity... will mail my envy tomorrow.

Raleigh, NC

I've got a few pods, too, if anyone wants some and Nilly runs out...just Dmail me and I'll see how many I have left, once Nilly is out. Had an infux of those red bugs that eat the pods (forget their name) so don't have many this year, but will give all I have away if there is enough demand.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

What a maroon.

I can't fit a whole pod inside a regular envelope!
Those of you who haven't sent yet, please send a bubble.
Those of you who have already sent, I'll tape your envelope onto a bubble.

Sheesh.

:|

Keep 'em coming though!

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

"What a maroon."

Truly an underused expression. I love Bugs Bunny.

I'm glad I waited, I was thinking about sending a bubble anyway. How much postage does it need? I still have some "forever" stamps around here somewhere.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

skellog surprised me with just the right thing! she addressed a bubble envelope to herself, put clear tape over her address and then a sticker with my address on it. I just had to peel off my address and put a new postage sticker over the old one. Great planning skellog!

I have no idea how much postage ... not even sure it doesn't vary by distance.

Didn't think this through very well, did I? LOL.

Just send me at least one stamp and I'll do whatever I can with it!

By the way - less than a dozen takers so far. Keep 'em coming!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I do that with all my envies. Couldn't tell you how many times I've used the same envy! Might even have a surprise or 2 finding one with some errant seeds in the bottom. LOL Did you find the wallflower seeds?

Nilly, I can send more postage if you need me too.. I didn't think of sending a bubble envie.. :-(

Janice

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ditto what Janice said. Let me know if you need more postage since I mailed my envelope last week already;~)

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

skellog - YES! I found the wallflower seeds - wrote a "thank you" on the envelope.... didn't realise you planned on reusing it....

No, anybody who already sent an envelope is fine the way they are. Sorry I didn't plan batter before I shot my mouth off! Or my fingers. Whatever.
:)

I'm learnin!

lol.. Nilly, Im learning too.. and if I would have known you were going to need a bubble envie I would have sent it .. Meaning Im new to this too.. lol.. As long as we learn.. :-)

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Yep - as long as we learn!

:)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Nilly, I mailed my bubble envy & stamps to you today -- hope you'll be able to peel off the address labels and use the one I placed inside. Thanks very much!

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

is it tooooo late?

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

You should do it like DG does it for the "Free Seeds for Newbies" that way you have all your bases covered.

*Send a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope)
*Send 4 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
*Insert a note stating what you are asking for.
*If you scotch tape the envy to send, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them.
*Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

I hope DG doesn't mind that I copied and edited the above but I think doing it their way will save you much grief.

Frank

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Absolutely NOT too late at all!

And thanks for the words, Frank!

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

As I'm organizing my seeds, hurt my arm and can't dig >:(, I realized I have some A. incarnata seeds from the Seed Savers Exchange. I'll send some along.

Flippin, AR(Zone 7a)

Are there still seeds left?

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

YES, there are seeds left!

grrrlgeek - THANKS!

South Boardman, MI

I see 29 replies, but will send SESBE anyway, people do procrastinate!. If too late, oh well, happy gardening
Yvonne

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

YES - please send!

If too late for this year, they'll still be good in the Spring!

I'm getting there.....

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

oooh I'll take some!

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Send a Bubble envy for 'em with enough stamps for the return and they're yours!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Do you still have some?

Janet

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Nilly, The cultivar of the Chinese Forget-me-not you have is
called "Firmament". I have them growing as well. Don't know how
to collect seeds from them but don't really care to do that this
late in the season anyhow.

Always like to check my "neighbors" to see what they're growing :)

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Thank you!

They came to me without the cultivar name.

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

Do you have any seeds for the monarchs left? I would love some.

Mickey

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

Nilly,

Do you have any Asclepias tuberosa pods left?

Tami :)

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 5b)

Yes, there are still seeds left!

I will send one whole pod of Asclepias tuberosa seed to you if you will send a self addressed, stamped BUBBLE envelope to:

"Nilly"
P. O. Box 42320
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Please mark the envelope to remind me what I'm to send you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.