Powdery mildew!

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I have sprayed 3 times for this powdery mildew and now it is killing my flowers! Not what can I do?

Thumbnail by venice62
Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

ugh, I'll be watching Venice. I have one like that too. What did you spray it with?

I first used that 3-in-1 spray. Then Jim said to use 2 T soda, and little Ivory Liquid, in a gallon of water. He said to spray them thoroghly. I used my spray again. And I used Jim spray again.

I pulled up a few plants today because they were really dying.

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

I am by no means an expert, just like gardening, but it almost seems like they got burned in the process. I wonder if the homemade stuff is too strong for marigolds, I've never had a problem on anything else I've used it on, but mine look just like yours.

I don't think soda would harm them because I have seen that combination on the Internet a couple of times. I just don't think I got to it quick enough.

What did you use on yours?

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

same homemade recipe.

I really didn't recognize it soon enough. You have to nip it in the bud, as they say, so it doesn't get out of hand. We will know next year. Maybe we will find some preventitive.

Well, I just pulled up all of my marigolds because they were pretty nasty and dying.

Now I have white flies on everything! I am going to use Safer Insect Killing Soap with Seaweed Extract. I am using what I have but I hope I have enough to spray everything.

Hope your garden is doing better than mine is!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.