September 22, 2001

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

We need to make a trip to the mill in town this morning. We are out of the calve's sweet feed they like so much and when I just gave the corn the other morning they bellowed at me. They are spoiled rotten! My little heifer sure is getting pretty though. I hope to swing by the farmer's market as well. rumor has it that someone has been selling lily bulbs very reasonably. I have hardly any perennials that bloom in late summer. I will also be anxious to hear how Lisa does at the market today.!
The geese are already in the yard this morning. They are sure noisey and messy. I may have to rig it up so they can't come in the yard for next year. They like to eat my house plants under the tree! I do love their carrying on though. and they are the bosses around here. Not even my ornery billy goat messes with them.
A friend from work is coming by today to borrow a canoe. A young married man. He is just so excited about borrowing this canoe! He is so fun to work with. I haven't drug out all the paddles and life jackets for awhile. So that will take me some time. He has a 6 month old daughter. I don't know if he will take her out in the boat, but really will have to dig for all the little jackets. I know my brother was the last to have the smaller ones. I am one that thinks it is such a waste for things to just be stored and not aired out once in a while.
I think MaryE is probably out riding so I will take her spot and say , "Count your Blessings". I will check in later to see what you guys are up to today!

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!