Show Us Your Feeders, Vol. #13

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Took me forever to find the feeder thread and thought I would start a new one since the last one had reached it's limit for dial-up...here is the previous thread and it has some really neat feeders http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/957369/#new .

This feeder is so simple but the birds just love it. Right now I have a "berry mix" in it...sunflower seeds and chips, raisins, cranberries and several different nuts. I think all the birds have used it even the spoiled Blues love it. It was made by my Step-SIL and I plan on making more of them. The bottom is made of screen and hardware cloth.

Thumbnail by dellrose
Marlton, NJ

Oh I really like that one Rose!

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

I found this butt ugly feeder in the basement. Now I know why it was down there, it's THAT ugly! Anyway I was asked to put it up in case the givers of said ugly feeder come by. It's in the process of drying out as it got wet. My question is what color do I want to paint it to protect it from the elements AND letting the birds show up in pictures? Any ideas? It's going to be put a LONG ways away where I can't see it from the house. ;)

Thumbnail by 24goingfor5
Marlton, NJ

Hi Jay, My vote would be green.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ahhhh, it's time for me to go shop for feeders. lol.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Rose, thanks for starting new thread, and special thanks for picture of the feeder. I am going to try to get one made soon.

Donna

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Rose, yes thanks for the new thread. Guess it is time to think about getting our feeders ready for winter.
Your feeder looks very bird friendlyl. When we were in MN my DDH made me very simple feeders--a round wooden form with a bit of an edge to keep the seed on. The birds really loved that open presentation, particularly the evening grosbeaks. Now that I live in the PNW, all need roofs on, unfortunately.

24, I can just visualize your feeder painted a dull green with stencilled flowers on the flat surfaces.....kind of a Bavarian theme.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Yes everyone...it is time to start thinking about where to put what feeder in preparation for the changing of the birds! I will know that fall has arrived when the White-crowned Sparrows arrive. The Carolina Wrens are back from the wooded area and I was harshly scolded by one this morning from the window sill right next to where I am sitting. I noticed the Nuthatches and Titmice are also feeding with regularity as well as the Downy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers.

24...I agree with the others that a nice shade of green would be nice. I like that feeder and want to attempt something with a roof that will keep the feed dry. So far my attempts at purchasing one have been a disappointment.

Anyway...hope we get lots of pics and ideas on this thread. I could probably do a whole thread on all the feeders I have stashed in the chicken house...LOL!!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

maybe you should just turn the chicken house into a giant feeder.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL...too funny Mrs. Ed!!

Marlton, NJ

haha :-)

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
24, I can just visualize your feeder painted a dull green with stencilled flowers on the flat surfaces...kind of a Bavarian theme

Flowers? FLOWERS???? I don't want some foo foo feeder! :P LOL I do like the green idea though! :)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

But 24,think, think, flowers attracts birds, and birds attracts people with camera!!!!
LOL Marna. Hey all in one, feeder, nests, and roost, Rose your all set.

Sanford, NC(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
and birds attracts people with camera!!!!

And those people with cameras are too busy laughing and pointing at the foo foo bird feeder to take any pics! You're not helping my cause any burn! LOL :)

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Show us Your Birdfeeders was always a favorite of mine! Here is a new lighthouse feeder my niece gave me.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

And here is a long shot showing some feeders on the left half of my back yard.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

The squirrel feeder is on the tree on the right, and a platform feeder is on the half birch.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have one hummer feeder here in my wild area, and maybe you can see the birdbath!

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Marlton, NJ

Very nice Maggie!! I love the Lighthouse feeder!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks. Here is my favorite finch feeder. It is so easy to clean.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Marlton, NJ

Oh I love those! Got mine from WBU.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Very nicely done, GM. A very inviting retreat!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Very nice set up GM...love that lighthouse feeder!

North Reading, MA(Zone 6b)

This one had hummingbirds coming and going!

Thumbnail by mcbc11787

I was so excited I went and bought this one:

Thumbnail by mcbc11787

We hung it high up in a tree so we could enjoy the birds in it from the deck level!

Thumbnail by mcbc11787

But instead, a squirrel moved in!

Marlton, NJ

Nice ones mc!

Sandusky, OH

I only have a First Nature hummer feeder lol.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I bought this little ceramic feeder at our local building/hardware store. It was marked down to only $2...so of course I bought 2 of them. I put sunflower chips in them and the Goldfinches just love them. I knew they would...they are always the first to check out a new feeder!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

See...they really like it!!

Thumbnail by dellrose

aww, that second pix is really cute

I put this up today though I got it from my Mom in my Easter basket! HA! yup. almost 47 and I still get an easter basket.

Anyway, the first one to check it out was a hummingbird! Stuck it's beak right in that red perch tube that is hollow! LOL!

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Marna...they are just the sweetest little birds...even though they often fight like crazy!

Since I saved so much money on the ceramic feeders I bought this little one just for the Goldfinches. The larger birds have not attempted to use it or the little ceramic ones.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL about the Hummer!! That is a great looking feeder...I've thought about getting one of those long ones!!

Yah, it's kinda funny looking being so long. If I were going to get another one, I mght get the one with the spiral on it.

Marlton, NJ

Rose, The ceramic feeder is very cute!

Marna, That is a nice big feeder! Funny about the hummingbird. :-)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

How I like those two ceramic ones! They must be great for mealworm feeder! The extra long one is unusual! Or rather 'Unexpected'. :-)

Well, not really a feeder, but…

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Well the raccoons broke the one my neighbor gave me that the little birds really liked. I was going to get a Squirrel Buster but I am afraid the raccoons will tear it up. It would bet yet another one I have to bring in at night. :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.