Looking for greenhouse in Toledo area

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

I was recently driving from Pittsburgh to Ann Arbor. Somewhere around Toledo I saw a billboard that said "Destination Greenhouse", I didn't catch the name and we drove home a different route. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it worth the drive back just for the greenhouse? It's about a 4 hour drive, but anyone who calls themselves a destination greenhouse might be worth the trip!
Roxxanne

Berkey, OH(Zone 6a)

I believe that you saw the billboard for Jacob's Garden. It's in Ottawa Lake, MI, just off US 23 and 3 miles north of the Ohio border. It's a fun place to visit, but I don't know if it's worth a 4 hour drive. And that's one way, right? Here's the web site - you can decide. www.jacobs-garden.com/

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks! That might be it. I thought the name began with a B but I could be wrong, I was trying to keep my eye on the road. 4 hours (one way), it would have to be a pretty spectacular greenhouse!
Roxanne

Bailey, CO(Zone 4b)

If you live in Ann Arbor, Jacob's Garden is about 45 minutes south, not 4 hours. I live about 10 minutes away from JG and my commute to U of M is about 40 minutes north. Straight down US 23, off at exit 1. If you get to Ohio line you just missed it! I really like JG. It's not a huge greenhouse, it more like lots of cool plants for outside and inside, and garden center. Excellent customer service and very friendly.

Sue

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

I live in Pittsburgh, PA, I was on my way to Ann Arbor when I seen the billboard.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.