farm journal: September, welcome to fall

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Septermber 1, first day of meteorological fall (say that fast once!). It is crisp here, with clear blue skies. Stan is off to the bus drivers' meeting and my older grandchildren are here for the day - last day before school starts. I've been saying, "Hey, now." a lot already and the day is just starting. I think I'll have a second cup of tea when I get back from taking my grandson home to put his contacts in. He forgot them because he didn't eat breakfast at home - hmmm.

I think we'll goof off this morning and get to work after Stan gets back. They are presently watching PBS kid shows - saw Arthur earlier, ah, the memories. When GS started watching Arthur he was 4 and I held him in my lap. Now, he's 14 and towers over me. YIKES.

This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!