Let's see your pets!

Kalamazoo, MI

We recently lost our beloved St. Bernard. Because we missed her so much and the house was so empty without her, we got a Newfoundland puppy a few days ago. So we're in heaven!

Thumbnail by Kristi_L
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Believe me we know what you are talking about! We had a dog for 14 years and she passed. We missed having a dog so much we adopted him. Max from the SPCA! We love him. Your puppy is so cute! Wow he will really be a large dog. Do you like to walk alot or do you live on a lake. Those dogs like the water don't they? Have fun with him! I haven't had a pupyy since I was in Juior High school. Thats been a few years... Thanks for the thread. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

This is our baby Otis Spunkmeyer, but we call him Odie. As you can see, our grandaughters think he is a doll! He's a porky. Part Pomeranian and part Yorkie.

Thumbnail by grammielorilee
Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

This is my other fur baby Buster. He doesn't know he's not a kitten anymore and still loves to sleep wrapped around my neck.

Thumbnail by grammielorilee
Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

Congratulations on your new adoptees. We adopted Buster from the pound. He was so sick the day after I got him that my free kitten ended up costing us bookoo bucks for an emergency Sunday trip to the animal hospital. It was love at first sight though, so hubby shelled out and Buster has been a joy ever since.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved pet. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Here is a pic of me with my two bichon frises, Juliet and Joey

Thumbnail by Loon
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

We all have beautiful pets don't we? I also have two cats will try to get pictures! Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay here is Oreo. She is about 9 years old? Not really sure I can not remember. She was born in the back of the Kmart I used to work at! So I brouhgt her home. All the kittens were rescued from there. We also got the mama fixed and she lives in the country now! She is kinda of a wierd cat. Does not like stranger she hides the whole time they are here. But she loves me and like to be petted only in our bedroom! Very loyal.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

This is the old boy of the house he is now almost 16. We got him from some school mates of one of the daughters when we moved in this house. He used to weigh 18 lbs. Now only around 9 lbs. We changed his food and wow did he lose the weight. Kinda wierd to see him so thin. But he has a better quality of life. Lazy now cause he is so old. But we have shelled out the buck for all of our pets, past and present. But you have to be a responsible pet owner right? Enjoy them! Ronna

Kalamazoo, MI

We have a side lot that's fenced in. We visit my uncle in the UP sometimes so she'll swim there. I looked at UTube videos and they'll play in plastic wading pools or sprinklers. We'd adopted our Saint when she was three and she'd been abused somewhat so was a bit on the high maintenance side. The Irish Setter I had before was seven when I got her. She was raised by my sister and was a really good dog and a love, of course. Starting out with a puppy we figure we can teach her. She's napping after her busy day beginning: outside to do her business, breakfast, outside to do her business and play. Inside play, which requires a watchful eye so she chews on her toys instead of other objects. DH is sleeping in as she keeps him up late at night. What a blast to watch her play! She had me in tears laughing yesterday.

Love seeing all of your "babies!"

Kalamazoo, MI

Loon,

My DH had a B before we were married. Familiar with the Bichon Buzz? His name was Fluffy, but DH often called him "Monsier." My sister had one named Casper. Lovely dogs.

We walk Baby every day. Today we took her on our errands today so she could get around and be socialized. She took a VERY long nap when we got home.

Saturday we're taking her to a park in Grand Rapids for my niece's son's 1st birthday party. The neighbor kids are already visiting her--she's a hit everywhere we go!

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Do I have to live in Michigan to post here? Hopefully not! Muscovy ducks are protected here in Lee County, FL. They make a mess pooping on everyone's driveway. Most people think they're ugly; I find them cute in spite of having to hose off my driveway four times a day!

Thumbnail by Eclecticuno
Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

This one is one of "triplets" as there are three that look the same; he's my favorite! As they get older, they get growths similar to warts on their faces and beaks.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2009 6:32 PM

Thumbnail by Eclecticuno
Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Awe Kristi sooo cute...he/she's gonna be a biggin ^_^

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Kristi, that is Bichon Blitz and yes I'm familiar with it. Bichons are a very energetic and sweet breed. I'm partial to them because they don't shed and have a good temprement.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Brenda, LOVED the picture of you, and your two cuties!! You're as cute as I thought you'd be. ^_^ Birdie

Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

I grew up with Mallard ducks in our yard. They weren't really pets as they are wild, but they nested in the yard and the ducklings grew up with us every summer. I love almost all animals. I even feed the squirrels and chipmunks. At first my hubby thought I was a bit crazy but the pleasure my grandchildren and I get watching them is wonderful. The grandkids think that even the hummingbirds are their pets. Everybody gets a name evn if it's just "flit" or "chippy"
They learn a lot about God and creation and are learning to see How kind God is to give us so many pretty and interesting things to enjoy. They also see His sense of Humor.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Birdie! I don't think anyone has called me "cute" in years. You made my day. ha ha ha

I wish a couple of ducks would call my pond home. It sure needs someone to eat the weeds in it. We get mating mallards in the spring but they leave for some reason.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

HI everyone.....Meet Brady....Brady is just a little over a year old........we think......Brady is a rescue dog...He and his brother were dumped down a dirt country road in Batesville Indiana. They took refuge on a farmers porch, and he thought they were just wandering away from home and would go back after a day or two. He fed them and took care of them for about a week and then called a rescue organization called PAAIN.

PAAIN stands for PEOPLE ASSISTING ANIMALS IN NEED. They have a wonderful website, check it out.

www.paain.org/

My daughter is the foundress of this organization and knew her dad and I loved German Shepherd dogs. We were looking for a companion for our older German Shepherd, Cyndee. She called us, and drove down that weekend to pick one of the two pups out. It was the hardest decision I have ever made. I really wanted to take them both and felt very guilty of separating the two after what they had been thru. Non the less....we made the decision....and we are so pleased with Brady. He is them most gentle German Shepherd we have ever owned....and we have always had them, as we favor the breed.

The first picture I will post is of Brady and his brother whose name is now Gus and has been adopted by a wonderful family who own a farm. I will post a second picture of what Brady looks like today...

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is what Brady looks like today.....He has turned into a real handsome dog....

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture of Cyndee with DH doing what she loves to do.........ride the Bubbamobile....

Thumbnail by deann
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Nice website deann. Wish I could go and get them all. We have two cats and a dog. Love them all and they know it! Your two German Shepards are georgeous! Ronna

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Kristi so sorry to hear of your loss. (((HUGS)))
Many of us have experienced the same
pain of losing a beloved pet.
Your new Newfie is ADORABLE!!!
Here's a parade of our furry & feathered friends...

Psycho Decker Terrier "Shelby" (and grand-daughter Jessica)

This message was edited Sep 7, 2009 8:14 PM

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose

Shelby looking more dignified. ;o)

Chihuahua's Haley & Brady

One of 3 of our cats..."Miss Kitty"
Maine Coon mix

Chickens...

Muscovy Ducks...

Last but not least my beloved Sebastopol Geese...

and new saddleback Sebastopols...

LOVED seeing all your pets!

Letohatchee, AL

OMG Cottage_Rose, I have wanted some for years...yours are soooo very pretty...
Me, I have guineas...they come and go in and out of the GH's doing what they do best...hunt bugs...woohoo....got geese for our pond....but out of all the geese in the world, I got the kind that don't like ponds..they like my Danes kiddie pool....go figure... we live in the sticks so between 2 Great Danes, 1 (unhomless, showed up at the cattle gate 7 months ago..lol ) and 4 Jack Russell's, and the guineas, this place gets loud....but never a dual moment....

This is my little bulldozer....I seen him drag a 4x8 3/4 inch piece of plywood so brothers and sisters could get a rat!

Thumbnail by froghollowlady
Letohatchee, AL

another

Thumbnail by froghollowlady
Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Love your geese cottage.....
frog, that's the cutest bulldozer I've ever seen!

Thanks Frog & detheo!
Frog that doggie of yours is TOO very CUTE!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

OMG! How beautiful is everyones pets???? Love the photos Cottage and Frog you both have very active houses. Ronna

Kalamazoo, MI

Love seeing all of your pets.

Our Newf puppy is doing well. She's housebroken and walks well on her leash. She's learning to chew only on her toys. And she's doubled in size!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

My poor dog is so sick. He has been poked for blood now he is on medicine and not feeling good at all. Blood work is not good so far. The vet can not find out exactley what is wrong. Makes me so sad can not stand it. Ronna

Letohatchee, AL

gardenlady123
I'm so sorry...one of my Jacks got bit by a snake....we didn't think he was going to make it..but the little guy came home a week later....
has the vet said anything about what wrong...

Kalamazoo, MI

So sorry Ronna!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.