disease on Iris?

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9a)

Can someone let me know what I can spray on my Irises to make them healthy again?

Thumbnail by dun1kirk
South Hamilton, MA

That is leaf spot & the good thing to do would be to cut the leaves below the last spot & get rid of the cuttings. Not in the compost pile!!!!!

Cherryvale, KS

Get a good fungicide and spray monthly till frost( if u have one) or at least a couple of times. Then spray a couple of times next spring after cleaning debris from your beds. I usually pick 2 kinds of fungicide, and alternate. At the first sign of fungus next spring start spraying again. If you have a dry spring it won't take as much. It is also good to trim affected leaves off to the point where fungus begins. pic Bluebeard's Ghost

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I have seen irises with the brown edge but no spots anywhere. Is that also leaf spot????

Raleigh, NC

not usually. ususally just a dry or dying leaf.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

I've seen a lot of brown tips on the older fans, but new growth is emerging from the rhizomes. I need to get out and do some grooming.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

bonjon...TY! That is what I had thought but wasn't sure. I did have a few irises that came to me in a trade this year that had spots. I cleaned them well and cloroxed them well before planting. Watching those closely. Didn't have near the number of spots this one has...just a few but figured that is what that was, too. I have never had spots before.
debbie

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

OH....also treated everyone of the irises that I took with me to transplant at our new house...just in case.

Raleigh, NC

are you familiar with black spot on roses? same thing, according to Ray Schreiner. same cure - remove spotted leaf to below the lowest spot, then treat with fungicide for fungus. contact with soil (splashes from rain) spread the fungus, so any leaves down on ground have got to go. once you get it under control, and keep it at bay, you're good, doesn't have a chance to spread. but it's naturally occuring. some iris plants are more susceptible, just like some roses are.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.