Summer Skies Finally Blooms! L@@K

Birmingham, United Kingdom

This is the thread you have all been waiting for, summer skies finally blooms from my ex-1993 seed.

The only thing is the one plant that has bloomed seems to have yellow marks on the leaves, I have checked for red spider mite but nothing .

My other plant that is inside does not have it but is slow to bloom.

I have noticed they seem more temperamental towards temperature and only grow well in a pot against a hot wall and they don't like wind.

There has been talk about the seed being looking like blue star, these seeds are a rust colour not black and the seedlings and stems have no red pigmentation.

I have fed my plants some epsom salts and miracle grow to see if it a magnesium deficiency they should still set plenty of seed to go around and share for SASE

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

Here she is outside

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

This is what the seeds look like; they do not look like HB or BS

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

Here is what SS seedlings look like

Thumbnail by Rareseedman

Compared to normal HB seedling which is here; I hope everyone can grow this one in 2010 to save it from extinction, ideally it needs some experts with perfect climatic conditions to do grow outs and share amongst themselves freely

Thumbnail by Rareseedman
East Bridgewater, MA

Quite lovely.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Congratulations!!!! How Wonderful to see the Real Summer Skies! :)

It is About Time!!!

Everyone Should Rejoice and have a morning glory party today. I personaly will have a glass of bubbly fake wine and CHEERS to Rareseedman!!!!

I can`t wait to get mines... (rubbing hands together)

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry . . .

But that is not the 'real' Summer Skies

Some will be in the post for you Karen, how are the variegated tricolor doing and the other experimental tricolor doing?

I think Summer Skies was here before and it can be brought back. All hope is not lost.

Rareseedman, The vines from the trades you sent out to me and others when you first signed up here are thriving. I hope for blooms soon. Karen

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

It's a real pretty flower!!

szarvas, Hungary

Ray, what about the foliage.
Is it a " Anaemic " foliage ?

With this cultivar you ' re close to get the yellow tricolor.LOL
I thought that Summer Skies is clear blue.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Or that blue !

Thumbnail by dany12

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.