New Seedlings, Your Opinion Requested #2

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This one opened a few days ago, last Sunday August 23, 2009 to be exact, only one person in the forum has seen it, still haven't decided on the name do to that I'm waiting for that same wonderful person to ask another person their opinion, if yes or no, or do I wait fore another seedlings to bloom to give the two lovely beautiful names she gave me to, name are indeed special in my opinion.

Wilfred

#18 " Lauren "

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009 6:33 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

both are grateful Wilfred :-) Thank you!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This seedling opened today, its quite small but nice looking.

Wilfred

#19 " Jillian "

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009 6:33 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Almost official, please confirm

#18 " Lauren "

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Almost official, please confirm.

#19 "Jillian"

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009 6:32 PM

Thumbnail by WQP

Confirmed Lauren
Confirmed Jillian

:-)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Two beautiful flowers named after two beautiful girls. Very well done, Wilfred & Dee.
Two proud parents & rightly so! Jillian may be small but the colors are delightful. Congratulations, Wilfred.

Judy

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Judy your so right about Dee's girls, dee and her husband are proud of them like I'm proud of my 14 year old boy, just love him with all my heart. dee has given me the honor to use their beautiful names for my seedling, just hope the girls love them, now I just have to start some cuttings to send to them their named after hibs, dee! again, thank you for the honor of using their names for my new seedling.

Wilfred

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

What is your son's name, Wilfred? Know you are very proud of him. Have you named a flower after your son?

Judy

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Hi Judy, My son is the biggest treasure I have, his name is Jean Patrick, his mother was looking at a movie staring Jean Claude Van Damme while she was still pregnant with him and she liked his name but than she saw another movie staring Patrick Sweacy and she liked it also, so she combined them both and got Jean Patrick. I just call him Patrick and believe it or not there is a hib with his name already, I couldn't believe it since his name combination is not common, I showed it to him and he just said to me, why couldn't be red instead of pink, he just loves the color red for some reason, even though his Aura is pink, his mother's is blue and mien is green. they say that the persons Aura color is usually the color the persons prefers as favorite, his mom favorite color is blue and mien is green. I promise him when I get a really big red hib, I would put the name "J. Patrick" for him and he got happy about it but I've still haven't have the luck to get any really big red one yet, just have to keep trying.

Wilfred

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Wilfred, I could just see a whole hedge of the yellow one in bloom, on a sunny day...it would have that WOW factor. :-)

Kyle

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Kyle, thanks for the complement, the yellow one is called "Lauren" and I think it would surely lend itself for a very nice hedge from what I've notice in its growth habit and the other one is called "Jillian", smaller bloom and plant size with some very nice leave pattern shape. I think both are going to be prolific bloomers since their putting lot of buds on themselves.

Wilfred

Previous photo of "Lauren"

Thumbnail by WQP
Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Wilfred, not only Pathick is a name of a hibiscus cv. There is also a cultivar called Jean Patrick. Check the origin of the bloom.
http://www.internationalhibiscussociety.org/SEArchive/cvdata1.php?search=Jean%20Patrick

Regards

Carlos

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Carlos, you know whats incredible, the hibs origin is Puerto Rico and its like my son, Pink with some white like my sons aura and red in the center, that is my sons favorite color.

Weird coincidence, but the bloom is gorgeous.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Lauren and Julian are Gorgeous. I have a thing for yellows. I want them all. I got a huge 3 gallon (NOID) Solid yellow for 14.00 at a family owned mursery this year. It is about 4 ft tall. My camera is not working or when it blloms I would post. It is the same as Lauren only a solid yellow. I really need to find a double yellow as I lost mine and I really want Elephant Ears a double white/ off white. Beautiful flower. I bet a double solid bright white would be out of this world.

I love Jean Patrick's flower also. He sounds like a very awesome boy as most people do not pick red as a favorite as far as anyone I know. My mom only wore a beautiful Avon lipstick called Very Cherry. (They just in the last few years brought it back. She looked beautiful when she wore it. One day I was wearing Red Pajamas and my dad told me I look beautiful in red like my mom. I love Blue but love to wear Red because I have been complimented on it. I thought one day I would try a red lipstick only behind closed doors as I bet I would look like a clown but who knows. My mom had beautiful shaped lips and I noticed years ago I have her lips actually we could be twins just about and it I am happy It is ok but if I don't feel good I hate seeing her in the mirror. She was a very mean woman. I do love her however am glad she is not here. She never had anything good to say to me about me. Always degrading me from birth.

I am totally the opposite..I love People and love to make them smile..... Right Kyle? ;o) Kyle is my best friend because of his generous heart and I have never received a hibiscus. (not yet) ;o) He sent a migraine medicine over the counter that works Great and soothing back rub for my back as I had a failed surgery. He uses it and sent after Hurricane Rita and a couple other things that was so generous. I had never met him or talked in the same thread that I know of and for a man to remember and buy things like that shows his unconditional love for people. My late husband thought he was an awesome person too.

Yes Kyle I had to say this stuff. I can see your face turning red as I type, Hey do you look good in red? ;o) LOL

This message was edited Sep 1, 2009 2:50 PM

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Hi Sandy, do you know or have luck rooting cuttings, I ask you since I have a double yellow I can send you cutting from that you may try to root. Let me know if interested.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Sandy,

Here is a double yellow with a soft pink blush. (Golden Angel)

Patrick

Thumbnail by stplong
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Wilfred I have about 60-70 % that root and live. Not bad I don't think.
I would love a cutting to try root. Oh how wonderful for you to offer. I have been following you seedlings blooming. It seems you have had winners in my book everytime. :o)

This year I am having great luck rooting things despite the awful Heat we have had. I found a Coral bean Tree or bush on some vacant property and the cutting I took 3 weeks ago never wilted but are growing new tiny leaves. It is wild since they were in the back of my truck for hours as cuttings before I made it home with them. Oleanders have rooted in water and never in 10 yrs have I had one root.

I am hoping to have a way to make a little extra in the next few yrs. to support my plant addiction. Now my hibiscus are soo beautiful and they are mostly NOIDs.

Ohhhhhh Patrick that is Beautiful. I have seen white in the middle but not a soft pink blush. It is amazing.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Hi Sandy, than you accept my offer for me to send you a cutting, only need you to D-mail me your mailing address so I can send it to you.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I will love it. Sending Dmail. :o)

bowling green, KY(Zone 7a)

#19 You could call it Peach schnapps!! or carousel !! just my thoughts!!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Finally a new seedling opened this week,

# 20 "My Friend Patrick"

This message was edited Oct 4, 2009 8:31 AM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

New Seedling from today.

# 21 "Donna"

This message was edited Oct 4, 2009 8:31 AM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

I was thinking of naming the first one, #20 "MY Friend Patrick" and name the second one #21 "Donna", I think they would look nice nest to my seedling "Lexie". I just wait a while before I finally and officially name them.

Wilfred

# 11 "Lexie"

This message was edited Oct 4, 2009 8:34 AM

Thumbnail by WQP

Wilfred, #21 looks like apricot ombre silk - just beautiful.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thank you very much dee, for some reason I really appreciate and enjoy your comments, can't wait to send you the ones I promise you.
BTW. don't let Debbie know, I'm thinking in making some cuttings for her to send to her in the future and I also decided to name one of my new seedling after her when I get another one to bloom, thank God nobody else can see this note, only friends can.

Wilfred

"Little dee"

Thumbnail by WQP
Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

HI Wilfred,

We love you new seedlings, they all look wonderful.

Patrick and Donna

Isles Bay, Montserrat(Zone 11)

My goodness, you have such lovely blooms. They are all amazing. Makes me want to run out and start pollinating what few Hibiscus I have to see what I get. Thank You for sharing Wilfred!!!!!!!!

Tina

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

who you talking 'bout Wilfred??? (i hope it is debbie me or deb or something close to that!)

signed,
your new best friend
deb
(NOT dee) ;p

Well Wilfred, I think the secret is out... :-)

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks to all,
Patrick they are officially named after you and your wife Donna, as soon as I get some cuttings started and well rooted I send you one of each for you to enjoy.
Tina, it would be wonderful to see you get some seeding of hibs you pollinated in your garden, go for it, you'll enjoy seeing them grow and finally getting blooms from them.
Hey Debbie, how the heck you found out!, OH I forgot, only friends could see the note thing. Oh well, now that you know, I planted some cuttings last month and I'm going to plant some more this Friday, quarter moon faze thing. so out of what produces roots I'll send you some.
Oh dee, looks like I'm not to good at keeping secrets from my friends, why me, why me.

Wilfred

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

My latest seedling that opened today, looks a little like my other seedling "Stuck In His Thumb" but a darker orange and a little bigger. Debbie you didn't tell me whats your favorite color.

Wilfred

# 22 "Debbie"

This message was edited Oct 7, 2009 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This is "My Friend Patrick the opened the other day.

Wilfred

# 20 "My Friend Patrick"

This message was edited Oct 6, 2009 10:06 AM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This is "Stuck In His Thumb", center is the same on both but that's it.

Wilfred

# 3 "Stuck In His Thumb"

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This message was edited Oct 7, 2009 6:44 PM

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Sorry, Forgot to place photo, here it is.
BTW, forgive me if I mess up a little, haven't slept for two straight day in a row and won't be able to go asleep until 4:00pm today.

Wilfred

# 22 "Debbie"

This message was edited Oct 7, 2009 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Kerkdriel, Netherlands

What is the reason you can't sleep? Work?
This one is beautifull too. But I fell in love with little Dee. That one is great. That orange with pink in the middle!

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

I like how this one looks all wrinkly, maybe that'd be a good one for me something wrinkly...
I love all colors wilfred, gee you know me, haven't seen one I haven't liked yet. LOL

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Hi Debbie, thanks for complements, do you think "Debbie" would be a nice name for my new seedling, I think the name kinda stick to it doesn't it, since its a bright strong and cheerful color, looks way better in person than it does in photo. this one is a hard one to take photos of since you can't quite capture its beauty. when you have up close it looks a little like silk. Going to have to send you one Debbie as soon as I get some cutting rooted for you to see it in person.

Thanks Jori, yes one of the reasons I hardly get sleep is work and getting my son after school to his grandmother's house.

Wilfred

This message was edited Oct 7, 2009 7:51 AM

Thumbnail by WQP
Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

thanks wilfred. ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.