Echinacea "Irresistible"

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

This one looks ok, but these are starting to look too similar in my opinion. It's not available in the USA apparently.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

You know, I still think the "plain old" purple is still my favorite. I sprayed the Configure yesterday per your directions - made up a half gallon and sprayed my hostas too. We'll see how it works on them! Have you tried it on any other plants and seen good results? Cyn

I've used it on hostas. It works well for those too!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I agree Clint. It's quite similar to Pink Double Delight. The one that really stands out in my mind because of it's uniqueness is "Strawberry Shortcake". I hope we can get our hands on that one in the next several years.
Jon

Great on the hostas. I sprayed the whole plant and down by the roots - is that right? I also sprayed the coneflowers that are in temp housing that I cut back and repotted last weekend. I am really anxious to see how Configure works on them. Plus, the ones at the street which are new and were from Lowe's so not sure how good they are.

That's the ticket. You should see results within a week.

I have found since I started gardening how LONG a week seems! My problem is that I want to love the plants to death - I have to force myself to not "hover" over them! I transplanted a lot of hostas this year and they're blooming but still shockey, so am excited to help them with Configure. I also read that a good ground fertilizer for them is Plant-tone which I sprinkled over them after they were transplanted. A website I read said they really deplete nutrients from the ground and can use a good organic fertilizer, whereas another said not to worry about fertilizing them. It's amazing how contradictory different web sites can be.

Richmond Hill, GA

Please educate me on Configure? I'm not familiar with this product.
Arlene

(Warren)Lisbon Falls, ME(Zone 5a)

My plants are starting to put up some nice basal branching from the Configure although still waiting for the Hot Papaya plugs to show some effect.
Gotta get me some more Configure so when I ship plants I can spray them before sending to customers.
Hope your all having a good weekend. Starting to get cold here(already 40 tonight)

Cattjovi, check out the thread named: Coneflowers: Echinacea Branching Improvements (After 1 Week!)
by Echinaceamaniac. Configure is a spray on product that helps plants branch and become stronger (especially now as winter is around the corner.) It's pricey, but you only use 1/4 cup to a gallon of water so it lasts a long time (it sells in 1/2 gallon containers.) I bought mine from J. R. Johnson Supply in Roseville, MN, - with shipping $133. You can dmail echinaceamaniac for more details as he's really an expert in the stuff, I have only sprayed mine once so far. His photos posted are awesome tho! Cynthia

Thumbnail by hanseycollie

Wow. They've raised the prices since I bought mine. I bought mine directly from Fine Americas. Maybe that's why it was cheaper.

Configure is basically a clear, liquid form of 6-BA. It is the same ingredient used in tissue culture to propagate all the new Echinaceas that don't come from seeds. If you spray it on an Echinacea plant, it basically causes the plant to develop new basal branches. These can be used for extra basal cuttings or just to increase the fullness of your plants and give them more bulk at the crown which has been proven to be a factor in over wintering Echinaceas.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009 10:32 AM

I clicked on the link you posted to Fine Americas (I assume) and their closest distributor was in MN. They must have raised their prices cause it's an investment, but if you consider that it works and the plants will grow and multiply, it's worth it in my book.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.