Iris 'Grandma's Smile'

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have a photo? I would like to see what it looks like. I have to downsize my irises and am trying to decide which to let go.
Thanks
deb

Greenwich, OH

Hello:Deb,
I enjoyed! looking at your iris photos.very! pretty!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Deb ~ There is a photo in the following post, but seems to be no other info...yet!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6962256

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oops, wrong photo. Will try again.....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6962191

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks!!!! I was sort-of thinking it was a pale yellow.
i am currently at the new house we have built to retire to and brought all but 3-4 of the irises I want to keep with me! I couldn't find my map so there were a couple I couldn't find in the iris beds. Will get those next time. All of them still have to be cleaned and trimmed before I plant them and the bed has to be made. Probably about 125 irises I brought with me!
The ones I left, if not traded, maybe I will put in the classifieds here so I can use the money to buy plants I still need.
'Grandmas Smile' will be added to my have list. Beautiful flower but so many here to plant that I really want, if I kept it I would have to delete one. I made my list of the "keeps" and made a "fixed" number to bring. I had to put down limits or I would have brought all of them!!! LOL!!
Debbie

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Deb ~ Sounds like you have a large project, but what joy you will receive when you see the beautiful blooms as you relax (hopefully!) in your retirement! The following information was posted today by puttytat on the Tall Bearded Iris Co-op:

"Re: Grandma's Smile - Tom Burseen introduced this iris in 2006 but he forgot to register it. He didn't recall selling any of it so he destroyed his own stock. However, Steven Place and I both have it (received mine as a bonus), and it looks like there are a few other growers, too! Tom gave me permission to register it, which I did this summer. It will be listed in the 2010 R & I. I can post his description and pedigree later if anyone is interested. Shelly aka puttytat"

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I like that one, if anyone is getting rid of some please let me know the cost I would love to add it to my granddaughter's iris bed. Thanks Susan

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I will be letting mine go, please check my trade list.
debbie

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I don't have any thing on your want list, would you sell one. I don't have much to trade I'm just getting my yard started. Thanks Susan

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I expect I will be adding some to my trade list as I go along with my landscaping and see what I still need. My hubby told me he would like for me to plant some shrubs that are in my holding bed near the drive...so that is another bed I will be putting in. Not this time over here though!! Have been here for two weeks and need a break from planting. Every joint in my body hurts when I go to bed, my hands and feet are swelling and I think every tendon must be inflamed at this point...ohhhh...aspirin!!! Sure helps some at least so I can sleep!
I really don't like to sell outright as I never know what to sell them for. I talked to the guy at home at the nursery that will either buy or trade for the ones I don't trade. I would prefer trading him for the things I need that he may have. I may also put some on Ebay.
This time in landscapiing at our new house I purchased 4 crape myrtles, 2 gardenias, one fringeflower shrub, and 2 hibiscus. I gave up on trying to trade for those.
Debbie
debbie

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

If you list them on ebay would you let me know Thank You Susan

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I know I can't right now as I have been traveling back and forth from our new house trying to get the landscaping done...a 7 1/2 hr drive each way. I just got home yesterday and expect to leave again Tues with another load of plants. If I ever get them on Ebay, I will put a not in the trading forum.
deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.