Hot Papaya Plugs

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

My "Hot Papaya" plugs are doing so great. I think this plant is going to be a winner for sure. The roots seem so strong. I planted this less than two weeks ago. It looks like I need to add some more soil around the roots at the crown, but look how huge they are for the size of the plant! When I planted this, they weren't like that at all. I think these are new roots that have formed since I planted the plant. It's like roots are growing down from where there weren't roots before. They are so red, too.

I also like that I'm getting about 3 new basal branches already, thanks to my special sauce. LOL.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Here's a picture from further away. I have 3 of these and they are all doing well. I'm really surprised because 2 of them were so tiny.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Clint, Those nice pink roots look really good, I think you are onto something with that "special sauce".

Which reminds me, I did read that article a while back on "Configure" and I do want to try it. Problem is, I can't seem to find a source for it. I went to their webpage and typed in my zip code for a distributor location. They pointed me to "Wilbur Ellis", a big hort industry supplier. I then called all the local (OR) branches of Wilbur Ellis, and even went to the next state to the north of me (WA). Not one person I spoke to had ever heard of "Configure". I give up....

Any idea as to where on earth I could get, even just a little of that stuff to try out?

Diana

If you call this number, they should be able to help you get some or point you in the right direction.

800-234-9756

I'd also like to add that the active ingredient in Configure is 6-BA...which is the same plant growth regulator used in tissue culture to propagate these. You can basically increase your plants by using this stuff too. It will give you more divisions to use.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2009 2:29 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.